LCS Pickups #4

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by YoloBagels, May 14, 2021.

1. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

Today I went to two different stores. First I went to my local coin store. I came mainly looking to fill holes in my mercury & wheat penny albums and buy a BU wheat cent roll that is part of a trade with my friend.

Here are the wheat penny upgrades. They replaced brown XF wheaties in my book, which is now about 65% red.

4758987534987985.png

Next are the Mercury dime upgrades. Didn't want to buy too many cause they cost more than what I am used to. Picked out some with better details and a few dates I was missing. Payed about $2.50/ea

553543543543543.png

Next, I bought this Mercury dime. Did not need it for the set, especially since it's not in very good shape. But it has a very strong die clash which I thought was really cool.

98754398745987435987.png

Other than the two wheat cent rolls, that's about it coin-wise from the LCS. I saw some (much more expensive) coins that I wanted to buy, but they were still in appraisal. I should hear back from them soon and hopefully I will post that as LCS haul #5 ;)

I got these in the mail when I got home. Mexican .720 pesos, which I grade VF35, AU55, and MS63.

75498739879854.png

After the coin store, I went to an antique shop. The owner was very friendly and welcoming, and after a bit of searching I found two boxes of Coca Cola bottles. Picked out a couple good ones at $2 apiece. Some of them were very rare types and they cleaned up very nicely.

The keys of the lot are a 1929 Conyers Christmas Coke, Dateless Griffin GA Chrismas Coke, and four unopened 1960-1964 Coca Cola Contour bottles.

4554353354543.png
    657756765765.png

TY if you read this far. Also shoutout to anyone who can remember a time when you could drink one of these bottles and not get sick. Had a lot of fun today.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Nice stuff,haven't been to a coin shop in a year or two now if there even still operating.Im now on the bay and addicted lol save me!!!!.

MIGuy and YoloBagels like this.
  4. YoloBagels

Go to a coin show!

5. potty dollar 1878

Might get it might not;)don't have a flowing hair yet so this could be my lucky one my max is around $40. 20210514_185552.jpg 20210514_185602.jpg

MIGuy, YoloBagels and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Love those Mexican pesos. The coke bottles are cool too. I only have 2 different coke bottles. One that I picked up in the middle east with Arabic writing on it and one I picked up in Korea with Korean on it.

MIGuy and YoloBagels like this.
  7. furryfrog02

Good luck. Those have a habit of jumping way up in price towards the end.

8. YoloBagels

I really hope you win, though it might help to post the auction after it is over. It's a sucky thing to do, but some people might try to bidsnipe you cause they saw it on here. Especially if you tell us your max.

9. YoloBagels

I'm excited cause three of them are local (Conyers) bottles. Up until this point I've only owned one Conyers Coke bottle.

Is the Arabic one embossed? I saw one on an ebay archives site once. Have been looking for them ever since to no avail.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  10. potty dollar 1878

I can care less in a few years ill probably be able to get one with Decent more detail for a few hundred.Just would be nice to get one like this now can't find them for under $100.

YoloBagels likes this.
  11. potty dollar 1878

Update it just jumped from $26 to $46 im done lol,but watching some other early cents that cost %80 less.

Bradley Trotter, MIGuy and YoloBagels like this.
  12. YoloBagels

Ok, well good luck! I almost pulled the trigger on an FR02 Flowing hair half for $500 one time.

MIGuy and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  13. furryfrog02

I had to go check...
    not embossed unfortunately. That'd be cooler.
    IMG-1650.JPG

YoloBagels and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  14. furryfrog02

Yowza. Keep looking.
    I keep hoping I will find one in a dealer's junk bin that was overlooked.
    One can dream, right? :p

15. potty dollar 1878

I'll post the final sale price when its over;)$100+ wouldn't surprise me i new my odds were slim.

YoloBagels and furryfrog02 like this.
  16. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Depending on what part of Florida you live in @potty dollar 1878, you're probably within the range of numerous coin shows.

17. Bradley Trotter

Anyway, @YoloBagels, here's my only Coke-related antique.

1933 World's Fair Coca Cola Pocket Knief.jpg

18. potty dollar 1878

YoloBagels and Bradley Trotter like this.
  19. potty dollar 1878

Don't have coke but have Pepsi. 20210514_195017.jpg 20210514_195035.jpg

YoloBagels likes this.
  20. furryfrog02

21. Bradley Trotter

You sound like my 78-year old grandfather from Georgia. For instance, every time he visits, he always brings an obscene amount of Coke with him.

Draft saved Draft deleted