LCS Pickups #3

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by YoloBagels, Apr 15, 2021.

1. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

Today I stopped by the LCS with my dad. Here is what I bought. Was nice getting out to reconnect with my LCS dealer and get some awesome new coins.

Here's one my dad got for himself. A silver 1977 Rouble commemorating the USSR Olympics. has some milk spots but other than that it is a very strong cameo proof coin.
    5RB.1977.png

And 1883-O MS62 PL Morgan dollar. Bought it for $45, took a risk because it had this ugly green stuff all over the obverse. Once I dipped it it all came off and revealed beautiful PL surfaces. I wish I had taken before/after pics.

$1.1883.png

Bought these 3 '69 First strike silver eagles at $30 apiece. Will probably try to sell off two and keep one. Figured I couldn't go wrong at that price.

435643564432.png

Next I got these 2021 Tuskeegee airmen quarters. My dad and I both wanted them because we both like planes and I especially like WW2 planes. Really cool to finally have these in hand.

544678654356.png

And last but not least my dad bought me this 2021 proof set. I am stoked to have the new Washington crossing the Delaware quarter and to have the whole 2021 set already. Also got the P51 Mustang coin in proof now.

7547858759875435439877.png
    46456415613213232.png
    894848948944565641.png

Thank you if you read these so far. Had a lot of fun today and then again it was nice to get out for once. Very happy with the 2021 coins.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

You can easily get $50 each for the ASE's;).

4. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

It's nice to see folks getting out and about again.

Tater, YoloBagels and Evan Saltis like this.
  5. William F

William F Well-Known Member

Nice haul!

YoloBagels and spirityoda like this.
  6. YoloBagels

I figured the price tags were from the days of ole when an oz of silver could be had for $12. Dealer had no problem letting them go though. He was almost completely sold out of gold coins actually.

7. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Those are some great coins, @YoloBagels. Out of curiosity, how much was the 5 ruble coin that your dad purchased?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    YoloBagels likes this.
  8. YoloBagels

The 5 roubles was $16, which I originally thought was a little steep. Though it's really not bad as melt value is $12.50. Maybe cause I've bought the nickel ones for wayy cheaper.

Bradley Trotter likes this.
  9. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Same here. I'd probably be a little hesitant to pay that much over melt personally. I guess I'm sort of spoiled from finding nickel 5 ruble coins for $1 each.

YoloBagels likes this.
  10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Wish I had a store near me that was open.

YoloBagels likes this.
  11. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Great haul!
    (I could have sent you some of those Tuskegee quarters, i see them throughout the day. Next time.)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    YoloBagels likes this.
  12. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Man you did great!!! Congrats!!!

YoloBagels likes this.
  13. Copper lover

Copper lover Well-Known Member

Nice haul!!! I have a roll of the Tuskegee Airmen quarters myself. Love that gorgeous commemorative Rouble too.

CoinJockey73 and YoloBagels like this.
  14. ddddd

ddddd Member

Nice variety!

YoloBagels likes this.
  15. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Nice purchase. You could start a slabbed set of ASE's. They look real nice in a Lighthouse album.

YoloBagels likes this.
  16. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

Very nice picks! And pics too!

YoloBagels likes this.
  17. YoloBagels

Thanks, I recently learned how to use GIMP so along with MS paint I have been using it to edit my pics. They come off pretty good so far.

JeffC likes this.
  18. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

I missed your Pick-ups 1 and 2. Will go look for them now.

19. YoloBagels

JeffC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted