Lazy TPG Attributions and Suggested Improvements

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by JCro57, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

The only thing that you can do here is remove the coin from the slab and send it to PCGS. Tell them your thoughts.
    First thought,
    I am sure @Insider is licking his lips thinking about attributing this one.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I was wondering the same thing. Is that something that all the services do with coins sent in as error coins such as this?

4. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Yeah we a know him personally. How’s the kids?????

5. Cheech9712

So as a business man you would rather collect their money and not apply any customer service. Why TPG then. Do you sell used cars

6. Cheech9712

. I don’t blame my Buffalo friend for being upset. You would think a coin like this might raise some eyebrows within the grading crew. But for an extra 10 bucks charge. Truly ignore researching the coin with in itself

7. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

I make and sell products sir, like TPGs. I was asking if what was paid for was a normal slabbing service, (look at coin, authenticate it, grade it, print insert and slab), or was a premium service to pay for hours of research paid for? All businesses have X amount of costs assumed in X purchase. If you go into a restaurant, they assume you will be waited on for maybe an hour. Go into a popular restaurant and demand you keep your table from 6 to 10 and see how they feel about it. You are simply demanding way more costs to be borne by them for the price they charged you. If you wish to stay for 4 hours instead on 1, expect to pay more money. Same with slabbing. If you expect to pay way more money researching a coin than average, its fair to be expected to pay more.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  8. justafarmer

justafarmer Senior Member

Wouldn't determining composition require invasive sample testing of the coin?

9. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

XRF can give you non destructive compositional information of the surface up to approx 100 microns deep

Heavymetal likes this.
  10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Would it require a gravity test to figure it out?

11. Cheech9712

Yeah but I think maybe somebody might of replied in the room if a shoutout was given.

12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

It's not "overgraded" and it's not "not genuine", and it looks to me like those are the only two failure modes where their guarantee covers "loss of value". I think the most anyone could hope for is a free re-holder, or maybe a refund of grading fees.

Draft saved Draft deleted