Lazy Day Browsing some of my older aquisitions

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by McBlzr, Apr 12, 2015.

1. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I dug out some old mailing envelopes of purchases that I have not looked at in some time. Decided it would be a good time to crack some of them out of the old cardboard 2x2's and put them in some PVC-free Flips. I loaded the 2x2 MS Word template to label
    each of them. It was a fun project. :woot:

100_6172.JPG 100_6173.JPG 100_6174.JPG 100_6175.JPG 100_6176.JPG 100_6177.JPG

gronnh20 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I can't figure your lower left code. At first I figured it was a pricing code but some are EBay so it's a code for where you got the coin but why do you need that in the future?

Just curious/ nosey

4. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Please explain to me how you get the holes in the 2x2's or if the coins are just set on the print outs, how do you keep them in place ?. If these are regular 2x2 holders than how do you print them ?

Dave

5. McBlzr

The lower left code is for my cost code, except for when I forgot to record it or when I did not have an invoice with a cost price on it. So then I just put eBay on it, since that is probably where I bought it.

Mojavedave likes this.
  6. McBlzr

Most of these are what are called 2x2 flips, 1 side for paper insert & 1 side for the coin, then folded over, so the coin is on top side, paper insert is on bottom side as the background.

Here is a 2.5x2.5 flip unfolded with the paper insert in one side & the $2.50 gold coin in a 2x2 Whitman plastic holder inserted into the 2nd side of the flip.

The inserts are printed in MS Word on a standard sheet of paper and then cut
    apart to be inserted into one side of the flip.

2.5x2.5_flip_w_Whitman_2x2_plastic_holder-in_one_side.JPG Coin_2x2_Word_Template_snip.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted