Latest Notes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by De Orc, Jun 27, 2007.

1. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Gotta love those note from Singapore :D... Thanks for the updates...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Still waiting on one to arrive and it is from the closest seller to me LOL got the ones from Thailand quicker :eek: :confused:

4. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Just added these to my Queen Liz II collection :)

Fiji
    $5 2007
    Brown/Blue/Green
    Front Value above Kato Ni Masima, QEII, Coat of arms
    Rev Crested Iquana, Balaka Palm, Masiratu
    Security thread
    Watermark Fijian Native's Head

Caymen Islands
    $1 1998
    Multi
    Chairman
    Front Fish, Treasure Chest & Coat of Arms, QEII
    Rev Coral & Fish
    Security Thread
    Watermark Turtle
    P16

Belize
    $1 1983
    Green/Pink
    Front Coat of Arms, Coral & fish, QEII, Mayan symbol above fish
    Rev Fish, Lizard, House of Representatives, Stork
    Security thread
    Watermark yes
    P43

$5 1 Jun 03
    Red/Carmine/Orange
    Front Thomas Potts, Coat of arms, Fish, HRH
    Rev Mahogany tree, Black orchid, toucan, Baird's tapir, Collage of scenes from St George's Caye prior to 1931
    Security thread
    Watermark Sleeping Giant
    P67

Very happy to get my hands on the 1983 Beliez, I havnt seen many of those about :smile

To view as usual just follow the link in my sig :high5:

5. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Have these three to add today & ok two of them are not strictly banknotes LOL but you could spend them for a time but only at the Australian World Expo in Brisbane back in 1988 LOL The $2 note is quite interesting in its own right as one of the Signitories Sec Treasury Bernie Fraser also has the distinction of signing notes as Governor :D one of the few people to have held both posts.

Australia
    $2 1984/85
    Green/Gray
    Governor Robert Johnston.
    Sec Treasury Bernie Fraser
    Front Value, Merino Sheep; John MacArthur
    Rev William Farrer; wheat
    P43

$5 1988 World Expo
    Multi
    Australia's Bicentenary 1788-1888
    Front Sailing boats in Brisbane harbour
    Rev World Expo symbol

$2 1988 World Expo
    Multi
    Australia's Bicentenary 1788-1888
    Front Looks like very colourful folded paper LOL
    Rev World Expo symbol

If any one has any info on the Expo notes I would be very interested to hear it :D

6. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

A couple of quite different notes for your viewing pleasure today LOL the first is something rather special as it was only in circulation fro a couple of days before been withdrawn cus the serial number could be rubbed off LOL & the second is a rather nice note from Latvia :D

£5 21.05. 02
    Blue
    Chief Cashier Merlyn Lowther 1999-2003
    Front QEII
    Rev Elizabeth Fry, Reading to prisoners in Newgate Prison.
    #HB34 128010
    Series E Withdrawn 22/05/02

Elizabeth Fry was a well known advocate of Prison reform & helped bring about improvements in the penal system.

Latvia
    50L 1934
    Blue/Red/Green
    Front Value & Portrait of Prime Minister K Ulmanis
    Rev Value in corners Ornate frame & Coat of Arms top center
    Watermark a head
    P20a

Bit of History LOL
    Kārlis Vilhelms Augusts Ulmanis Born September 4, 1877 in Bērze, Latvia – Died September 20, 1942 in Krasnovodsk prison, Soviet Union
    Ulmanis studied agriculture at the ETH Zurich, Switzerland, and at Leipzig University, Germany, and then worked in Latvia as a writer, lecturer, and manager in agricultural positions. He was politically active during the 1905 Revolution, was briefly imprisoned in Pskov, and subsequently fled Latvia to avoid incarceration by the Russian authorities. During this period of exile, Ulmanis studied at the University of Nebraska in the United States, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in agriculture. After working briefly at that university as a lecturer, Ulmanis moved to Houston, Texas, where he had purchased a dairy business.

Ulmanis returned to Latvia from exile in 1913

Ulmanis was the first Prime Minister of a Latvia which had become independent for the first time in 700 years. He also served as Prime Minister in several subsequent Latvian government administrations during the period of Latvian independence from 1918 to 1940. In addition, he founded the Latvian Farmers' Union
    On May 15, 1934, ostensibly to protect the country from a coup by right-wing extremists Ulmanis as Prime Minister dissolved the Saeima (Parliament) and established executive non-parliamentary authoritarian rule.
    The incumbent President Alberts Kviesis was allowed to serve the rest of his term until 1936, after which Ulmanis unconstitutionally merged the office of President and Prime Minister in his own person. Kārlis Ulmanis instituted what he called a “Nationalist Dictatorship,” crowning himself as "Tautas Vadonis" (Leader of the Nation) and "Father of the Nation"
    Following a Soviet ultimatum in 1939, Ulmanis had to allow Soviet military bases in Latvia, and in June 1940, Latvia was completely occupied by the Soviet Union. Ulmanis ordered Latvians to show no resistance to the Soviet Army. The phrase "I will remain in my place and you remain in your places" from his radio speech on this occasion is still famous, and may have saved lives.
    On July 21, 1940 Ulmanis resigned and asked the Soviet government for a pension and to allow him to emigrate to Switzerland. Instead, he ended up in Stavropol, where he worked in his original profession for a year. In July 1941, he was imprisoned. A year later, as German armies were closing in on Stavropol, he and other inmates were evacuated to a prison in Krasnovodsk in the present Turkmenistan. On the way there, he contracted dysentery and soon died on 20 September 1942. Ulmanis had no wife or children, as he used to say that he was married to Latvia.

To view please just click on the link in my sig, I hope that you like them :D

7. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Nice L5 there DeOrc...:thumb: Beautiful colors and vignets.

How's the tally on your collection?

RickieB

8. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

In total just under 500 notes recorded & online, I still have about another 100 or so Austrian & German Notgeld notes to check LOL plus a few other odds and ends with a few outstanding notes due (Thanks to the postal strike) including a brand new £5/£10/£20 Scottish notes :D

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Have just added this :D

£10
    Brown 1984
    Chief Cashire Somerset
    Front QEII
    Rev Lady with the lamp, Portrait of Florence Nightingale 1820/1910
    Security Thread
    Watermark Florence Nightingale
    Series D

10. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

And these LOL

Singapore
    $5 6 Aug 76
    Minister of Finance Hon Sui Sen
    Front Red-whiskered Bulbul, Map of Island above City scape, Coat of Arms
    Rev Cable cars and aerial view of the harbour
    P10

Malaya
    1c 1941
    Purple/Orange
    Board of Commissioners of Currency
    Front Portrait GVI, Value in English & Arabic
    P6

Malaya
    5c 1941
    Red/Green
    P7

Malaya
    20c 1941
    Brown/Pink
    Rev Value in bottom corners & Eleven coats of Arms of the states of Malaya
    Printers De La Rue
    P9

Gibralta
    £1 1979
    Brown
    Front Value in corners, Rock, Coat of Arms, QEII
    Rev The Covenant of Gibraltar
    Security Thread
    Watermark Queens Head
    P20?

To view please just follow the link in my sig :D

11. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

super nice haul Dr Orc. I have been unable to add to my collection the last few months due to home stuff, so you have been busy pulling further ahead of me :) Eventually, when i get my scanner fixed and/or buy a (another) new one,i will contiue to add to my own site. As for now, i am just getting started again buying 'stuff'. I bought my yearly standards like the mint sets (not sure why i still do), my silver Panda and am looking into a few lots of webnotes.

I am getting so antsy about scanning al my notes/coins!!

keep 'em coming :p

12. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Thanks appreciate the comments :smile Have not bought many for a while this is a backlog arriving due to a postal strike we have just had over here in the UK :mad: I have some more Chinese and a few other odds & ends due so keep a eye out for them LOL

13. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Help Needed On Dating These

Any one have any idea as to when these two were produced? I know they are not Banknotes but I do find them interesting LOL

CommonWealth
    Edison Co
    30 Federal Coupons
    Green/Black/Red

Thomas J Webb
    United Profit Sharing
    5 Coupons
    Green/Black

14. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

cool designs and history, but i have no idea about dates.

Draft saved Draft deleted