Latest Mint survey: bronze, bronze, bronze...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by -jeffB, Feb 19, 2016.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I got email from the Mint inviting me to take a survey, and I welcome the chance to give them feedback. Unfortunately, I'm apparently the wrong target audience for this survey.

It started out with lots of questions about products I've bought or might buy in the coming year -- proof sets, mint sets, commems, medals, in various compositions. I indicated that I might be wanting to buy some gold commems this year, given the 1916 anniversary issues. I indicated that I wouldn't be interested in any bronze medals.

So, of course, they immediately started asking lots of questions about... bronze medals. 1.5 inch medals. 3 inch medals. Sets of four medals. Sets of six medals. Medals in plastic wrap. Medals in nice boxes.

"Why did you indicate you wouldn't buy this 1.5-inch medal?"

Because I don't collect medals.

"Why did you indicate you wouldn't buy this 3-inch medal?"

Because I don't collect medals.

"Why did you indicate you wouldn't buy this six-medal set?"

I don't collect medals. I'm starting to wonder whether it's worthwhile for me to finish this survey; I'm clearly not your target audience.

"Why did you indicate you wouldn't buy this FOUR-medal set?"

Good Lord, did a Congressman with a big bronze producer in his district get a committee chairmanship or something? [Yes, that's what I actually wrote.]

"If any of the special 1 ½ in. Bronze Medal sets (with either 4, 6, 7, or 12 medals) could be offered in each of the following packaging options, which one would you prefer the most? [cellophane, black clamshell, blister on plastic card]"

Looks like I can't get anywhere without selecting one of the packaging options. Guess I'll pick the cellophane, as it would be cheaper to ship to someone who cares.

Sigh...

NSP, spirityoda and rooman9 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That what happens when you deal with your friendly neighborhood government. :)

4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Well, it's what happens when you deal with your friendly neighborhood Web survey. If the survey started exercising independent thought and initiative, I think I'd be very nervous. I do wish, though, that they'd given me the opportunity to provide feedback on something I do care about...

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I have the 1-1/2" bronze Prez medals. Why does the Mint have to wait for the rest of them to die before issuing the latest ones.

Chris

7. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

I have an idea: Let's put these jamokes in charge of everyone's health care!!!

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Well there is no Obama, but I see Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and George W Bush all being available. Oddly on the website they only list a few from before Carter. I don't know if the others are available or not.

9. Kellen Coin

Kellen Coin YN With MANY Coin Accounts

The U.S. Mint definitely has problems in it's website and overall, but that is just a cost of dealing with them

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Yeah, I was just exaggerating. I bought the entire set about 12 years ago, but gave up waiting for Bush & Obama.

Chris

11. Kellen Coin

Kellen Coin YN With MANY Coin Accounts

Yes, this rule is a little odd in my opinion.

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I got that e-mail too. It is a waste of my time to respond to the survey (past responses to surveys seem to yield nothing) so I deleted it.........

Draft saved Draft deleted