latest from Roma on shipping

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by tartanhill, Jun 1, 2020.

1. tartanhill

tartanhill Well-Known Member

Here is the latest message from Roma about a shipment I am waiting on:

Dear ------,

I would like to once again say thank you for your continued support of Roma Numismatics during this uncertain time, your bids are always very much appreciated, but even more so now. I would also like to thank you for your patience in waiting for the shipping of your purchases; we have been working to come to a solution that means we can provide the safest and most reliable service, minimising the risk of loss.

In the past few weeks we have taken tentative steps towards resuming shipping via FedEx, using the “Adult Signature Required” service I have mentioned in previous emails, and I am pleased to report that we have so far had a positive experience, with the only small issue being increased shipping times. It is with that in mind that we intend to recommence FedEx shipping for all clients and as such we will be sending your lots as soon as possible. While we will be working through the shipments as quickly as we can, we expect that there will still be further delays due to the large volume.

There are notable exceptions; if you have already requested a different delivery method or that we continue to hold your coins, these requests will still stand until we hear otherwise and, unfortunately, we remain unable to ship via Royal Mail; I will notify clients when this becomes a possibility again.

If you have already received your coins please disregard this email.

Kind regards,

Justin Lee likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Finn235

Finn235 Well-Known Member

I got the same this morning - exciting news since I'm waiting on probably 400+ coins from three separate auctions (a handful of individual coins and a bunch of med/large lots). I like FedEx shipping because once they get to my lots, I'll get the coins within 48 hours of shipment, instead of 4-6 weeks.

4. Roma

Roma Active Member

I have problems to understand why they launch new auctions if they are unable to ship coins because they have limited access to the office. Doesn’t seem a good customer care, I’m getting from alla over but not from them.

5. Rich Beale

Rich Beale Well-Known Member

The consignors are our customers too. For a good number of them, this is their only source of income right now. If you were a consignor, I'm sure you would be displeased if we weren't selling the coins you had entrusted us with even though we still had the means to do so.

I can't comment on other firms' abilities to ship or not, but obviously it all depends on their country's response and exposure to the COVID-19 emergency, as well as their office space. London office space is extortionately expensive (our modest footprint is charged at the same rate as the grand palazzo of one of our colleagues in Rome), and so it's not so easy for us to social-distance, hence reduced staffing on-site. That said, things are improving for now and we're back to 50% staffing levels.

If you can't or don't want to wait a little bit for your auction wins then of course don't bid, we won't be offended. We are however prioritising anyone who tells us they need their lots urgently for any particular reason, and hope to be back to normal operations as soon as the government and the health & safety conditions allow it.

Draft saved Draft deleted