Latest Find

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by tonylynch, Dec 30, 2007.

1. tonylynch

tonylynch RMO Collector

But not in the usual way I find coins (searching rolls, or in change). I was walking through the older part of town, taking pictures, and saw something shiny on the curb. It was a Seated Bust Dime. With where it was located, I'm pretty sure it fell from someone's pocket when they dug out their keys, since it was near a parking spot. No cars around at that time of the morning, so no telling. I'll go by the store on Monday to see if someone has asked for it.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tonylynch

tonylynch RMO Collector

And the Reverse

Attached Files:

4. Jako lipo

Jako lipo New Member

by the look of it it looooks like a pocket piece

5. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Wow, awesome find. That's pretty cool. :kewl: :thumb:

Phoenix :cool:

6. Dockwalliper

Dockwalliper Coin Hoarder

Thats the risk of carrying a dime for a pocket piece.

7. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

probaly was someones pocket piece. finders keepers!:kewl: thats the sad thing about money you can't trust anyone if they claim they lost it.

8. rickyb

rickyb With a name like Ricky...

nice find!!!

9. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

That is a nice find.

10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

agreed.

11. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

If you do - just say you found an old dime. If someone can identify the year and type it's theirs. Not likely that anyone ever will as it was probably a pocket piece, and in rough shape, it's not likely that the owner will really go looking for it. They will probably just pick a new pocket piece from their collection.

Regardless - cool find!

12. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

I lost it. : ) I can identify it too. Looks just like the one in the picture..

Great eye, keep your head down!..

13. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

LOL - Reminds me of a time I stepped right over a $100 outside a bar at night. Fortunately my wife was behind me and spotted it. She asked me in all sincerity if there was any reason I didn't stop and pick it up - she is so funny! She hates keeping found money as she thinks it's unlucky - so I took it. After about an hour, I went and asked the bar tender if anyone was looking for something they lost and he said no. I spent it the next day - lesson - keep your keys in a different pocket than your money - especially if you are at a bar!

Draft saved Draft deleted