Latest ANACS grades

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by admrose, Mar 26, 2013.

1. admrose

admrose Member

Except for the steels, I think I did ok.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

As long as you are happy then that is all that matters.

4. aubade21

aubade21 Well-Known Member

Do you assign your own grades (for comparison) to the coins before sending them off? If so, how close were your grades to that of ANACS?

5. admrose

admrose Member

ANACS graded higher than mine across the board. I was especially pleased with the Morgan which I had pegged as a 60-61

6. aubade21

aubade21 Well-Known Member

That is good news then. Congrats!

7. mmablaster

mmablaster Member

Good to hear. How is ANACS pricing?

8. bhaugh

bhaugh AKA - 1872Hokie

I wonder if you underestimated or ANACS overgraded (this isn't unheard of on their part). Ultimately, it only matters if you're happy with the end result - congratulations!
    My experience has been that Anything i send to PCGS that is in an ANACS or I've cracked out of an ANACS has come back one to two points lower.

9. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

And you might still be right at a 61. With the new set of graders at ANACs I disagree with the grade more often than not - just my opinion. I also pass on a lot more coins than the older ANACs holders - again just my preference and opinion. So there is good and bad with having them grade higher. The bad is you might pass on nicely priced 64 coin because you grade it lower. Again all just my opinion and no relfection on anyone or any company.

10. xGAJx

xGAJx Happy

what does N9 stand for

11. admrose

admrose Member

Ill post some pics when I get them back.

12. admrose

admrose Member

Altered, not genuine or questionable authenticity

13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Hi Garry and welcome to CT. You should probably start a new thread of your own. This one is over 4 years old. You will get more answers with a new one. Images will also help.

Draft saved Draft deleted