LAST COIN ROLL FROM D BANK

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Apr 5, 2020.

1. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

Just opened up a roll of nickels I got from the bank about 2 minutes ago...Found a
    couple of 1960's and a 1948 plus a 1943 P. Very nice! Now I hope the Bank will
    let me in to swap coin rolls...I don't know with this virus if they are still allowing
    people inside to do business or they have to use the outside " put your check in
    the cylinder Sir " That's not gonna work for coin rolls....I know it ain't cause about
    30 years ago I put about 8 or 10 coin rolls in a cylinder at a bank in Shelton Ct.
    and put the cylinder back in the machine, hit the button and POOF...Away it went.
    Well it went down the tube....But not up the tube to the teller who was waiting for it.
    No...The cylinder was stuck on the bottom of the tube....On the bottom of the tube...
    And it was a Friday.....Very busy....They were very *!#$%!! with me...Hey! There was
    no signs saying NO COINS IN CYLINDER....But there is now...:angelic:....Bet you have a sign at your bank too....Hey, word gets around...:smuggrin: SingleShot0000.jpg SingleShot0001.jpg SingleShot0002.jpg SingleShot0003.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Love finding silver war nickels. Not too frequently but it's a nice surprise!

SmokinJoe likes this.
  4. SmokinJoe

I know what you mean Bambam, I feel the same way....It is a nice surprise!

5. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Nice broken-in effect on that War Nickel. The patina and look is much better than they usually come.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice find. That nickel has a nice color to it and silver is always nice up find.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  7. SmokinJoe

Thanks Collecting Nut, I certainly agree with you! Always nice too find!

Collecting Nut likes this.
  8. SmokinJoe

Thanks Kevin Mader! Appreciate your input.

Kevin Mader likes this.
  9. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

You bet! Anyone who CRH much will attest that the vast majority of finds are dark and greasy looking. Or, a flash of white from a recently liberated uncirculated coin (a delight to find that way). But finding them with the patina and detail shown in your specimen is almost as rare as the flash of white. Fun find for sure. That's the kind of specimen to have in your circulation set of Jefferson's if you are lucky!

SmokinJoe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted