Last 2 for the day 89d idk on reverse and 86d ridge ring or incomplete punch and reverse side

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Italy8686, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

Heres 3 simple questions for everyone. 1 how many people own there own shop and are license to be a coin expert. 2 how many people just over look the coin only because its not a discovery or variety coin. They brush off the small noticeable errors that still sale more then face value 3 5 10 dollars is more than a penny. 3 how many people only care about themself other than teaching a new generation. Not everything is in the books videos and online. Im sorry and I dont mean to be rude but some of the websites suck or dont help why do you think the newbies ask because they simply cant find the answer or maybe were just asking the wrong question

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

But really not only I know there is an error on there I took it to a license coin dealer to make sure and I just wanted to see do most of these members on here that always say its a MAD or a pocket change coin or do more research I did and will continue to do so

4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Aren't you the one with that 1983 copper cent weighing 3.9 grams we're still awaiting scale-confirmation on? Why if you got that in your collection are you fiddling around with piddling questions like these on common ordinary cents nobody else would so much as give a second look to? Are you aware that's almost 30% out of government tolerance for copper cents? Let me put that more clearly. If it's all you say it is you've got a down payment on a Lamborghini Murcielago in that coin.

I'm not telling you what to do, that's your decision. But maybe just once for a change you might think of us instead of just you in return for our helping you through these difficult challenges with what appears to be nothing better than your pocket change. Show us this thing scaled-out. If it's genuine, it's important to us as a transitional cent. If it's not, you're not the first to get it wrong. Then you can go home. Capisce, amico?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Inspector43 likes this.
  5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

He said it kindly. I think you're being rude calling him rude.

6. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

1st quote.
    No. 1. The majority of the CT Members may not, own a "shop" from which they conduct a business, possess a ""license to be a coin expert" (whatever that means), but one thing is clear, their knowledge of coins far exceeds yours and you are asking for opinions and/or advice which is freely given, so if you believe the answers to be wrong, you have options, one of which is to prove them wrong.
    No. 2. Which of the many coins, you have posted, are error coins and what, exactly, is/are the error(s)? Which coins, posted by you, sell for $3 to $10?
    No. 3. I'm not sure what you mean by this, see your comment highlighted in red. CT Members respond to new CT members, answer questions, offer sites for further understanding of errors, variations, etc. because they want to help initiates learn more about numismatics and want to have them try to predetermine an issue they have with a coin before posting a thread. When a person continues to post threads asking, "Is this an error, DDO, DDR, RPM, etc", the responses become terse because the OP has not done their due diligence regarding research. Responses made are an opinion based upon known facts, the photos posted, many of which are blurry and not cropped properly and years of collecting, researching and studying coins.
    2nd quote.
    You went to a 'licensed coin dealer" and showed him a coin. Which coin? What was his comment regarding the issue of the coin you presented? Did he offer to buy it?
    There are many errors, variations and varieties which have little to no premium.
    Lastly, there are loads of sites on the net which offer valuable information and photos/grades. Many times, changing your search wording gets results for hard to find answers.

expat and Inspector43 like this.
  7. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

3.09 I sent it to pcgs already cause I went with my gut

8. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

9. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

10. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

The 83 on coin opp had the same strike so the pic above is my 87d. 83 is a double is 87 is not does not make since and no I'm not talking about my 83 thats just a copper weight error

11. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

??? Lincoln???
    Please post ONE coin/thread.

12. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

I'm talking about a 83 ddr not my 83 copper

13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You need to post only one coin per thread and stay on topic of that one coin. It's not possible to understand you when you talk in circles.

Inspector43 likes this.
  14. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

That's OK, thanks for answering. 3.09 is a hair under copper tolerance but of course it's much more believable than 3.9. You're going to let us know what PCGS thinks so that's that for now. Hope you get it.
    I'm the one who drove you off-track. Get back to your other coin so you don't make me look bad, lol.

15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

There is no such thing as a license to be a dealer or an expert.
    Everyone has tried to help you but that is changing because you don't even read what they say. Don't blame the members for your lack of understanding. Use proper English and maybe others will understand you.

Inspector43 likes this.
  16. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

IDhair you, so proper English it is. I said license expert. I see you're wired up. Did I trigger your emotions? Funny I didn't think there was humor on this site.

17. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

You have a problem then don't talk anymore i sense ignore button for your future we try to help and your not listening.

18. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

There are over 100 thousand people on here. What makes you think I care about your opinion. Bye

19. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

You said license to be a coin expert. There isn't a series of classes you take to get a "license" showing you're a coin expert. You don't even have to be a coin expert to own a shop. You also said yesterday you wouldn't post anymore for a while, just reading and learning.

20. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

And I also said if you don't like what I post don't comment. I finally got all photos and all the error definitions on them. So the people out there who think there's only 9 classes of doubled dies and only one ddd your wrong. I'm not posting anymore here goodbye guys thx

21. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

I will say one last time. I found ever single error that I posted yesterday. The 89d plz still think it's only a MAD

Draft saved Draft deleted