Large Notes Are Here!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by byrd740, Sep 29, 2009.

1. byrd740

byrd740 Numismatist

The time has arrived to share the large notes I mentioned here. I was hoping to have a nice description of the note and have a little background info for them, but I am turning out to be busier than I thought I would be. So, all I can do at the moment is at least give you the pics. Have fun looking. Also, I had to scale the pics down about 55% to make them more practical for uploading, so if you want to see the full-size single pics PM me. If I get a chance to get more pics of more notes I will post them as I can. Hopefully the error notes will be next.:D Just remember that this is just a fraction of the collection...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

You have some excellent notes there...
    THe $10 Tombstone is worth quite a bit of $$$$
    Theree are several that are very good, the Battleship, the Bison, the Rosecrans/Nebecker note ...do not fold these at all...
    THe $50 Blue SEal is nice as well.... you need some mylar to hld these in!!

FR 221 I will say F to F12
    FR 352 XF to low AU
    FR 258 VF 20
    FR 36 XF 30
    FR 60 AU55 to CHCU 63
    FR 734 or 735 hard to make out the sigs...if Wold not worth as much as Young sig

FR 751 XF maybe a little lower I see a long fold in the center horizontal
    FR 121 Bison VF20 mabe a little more
    EDucational F to VF
    FR 1036 LArge Blue Seal 50 XF$5 to AU53
    FR 301 TOmbstone VF20-VF 30
    FR 91 AU 55 maybe more

More later as I am in Canada and do not have my books with me...LOL

Some nice stuff. in most grades XF thru AU + as it appears from the scans.

RIckieB

4. tauferners

tauferners On a quest for knowledge

unbelievable, that collection must be something to see!!!

5. byrd740

byrd740 Numismatist

Trust you me, he has these in mylar sleeves, in a currency album, inside of a ziploc bag. I told you there are some nice notes in there.:cool:

6. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Indeed they are some nice notes...too bad about the folds in a few of them...still nice circulated grades that will bring a nice price for you..
    Nothing Gem, but still nice.....

I hope I got the FR numbers right, I am going from memory...LOL
    Also the grades are estimations of looking at the images..scans hide alot and we all know this.
    So take what I say on grades with a big grain of salt...LOL

I am after some of these notes but in higher grades which cost a small fortune, to say the least...

Congrats to your friend....Heritage would be the best place to go...you will need a minimum of $5K value to auction them off....I feel pretty sure you have that...wish I had my current pricing schedule with me...maybe someone else can help out as well??

Regards,

RickieB

7. byrd740

byrd740 Numismatist

Like I was saying before, they are mostly VF/XF-AU besides the Roscrans/Nebeker and the Educational $1. What bugs me is the 'thing' on the Tombstone note. I didn't see it on the note, but it is on the pic. They actually look 98% like they do in hand. Digitising didn't change the appearance much if any at all. But, it did make the Educational look worse than it actually does.

8. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

Wow, some excellent notes there, that must be a site to see! They are beautiful notes!

9. dready

dready Coin Hoarder

Very nice. The tombstone note rocks..................................................John

10. WOW...that is just incredible!

11. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

wow, you lived up to your word on these notes! They must be just awe inspiring to see them all in 1 spot, spread across a single table!!! I love them all lol i have alot of them, but of course, the notes you posted are pretty much all in better grades then mine :D

Draft saved Draft deleted