Large Cent Giveaway to a YN or Financially Strapped Collector

Discussion in 'Contests' started by WingedLiberty, Nov 14, 2011.

1. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

Little did I know about contest at first. I still know people now-a-days. Its Scams, or taking advatage of people like this. + Little did i know im close to 300 post!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cciesielski01

cciesielski01 Laced Up

the things people do to win a contest these days....

4. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

Unfortunately, People ARE crazy, ricky... That's why you've gotta keep close to you those who you know are honest, mature human beings.

So, who'd like to have the honor of messaging Peter? Hahaha.

-Brian

5. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

really? Yay!

6. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

By the way, help me out ... if I ever do another giveaway ... what is a fair way to do it? Maybe a drawing is fairer? Although I guess you could stll have the problem of people creating 100 dummy accounts and entering 100 times. So should it be restricted to people with a mininum number of posts ... however some could post "." 50 times and get their new accounts to the minimum post count.

In any case, I am open to suggestions for future contests and/or rules.

And I will do my best to sort out the mess of this one.

7. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

I think a raffle-type contest is the safest. Even if someone were to create a few dummy accounts, the chances are still good that someone other than that dishonest person would win. Right? :)

-Brian

8. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

Well a guess a number. And a limit of 100 post. And they must have been a member for at least a month.

9. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

before we had 190 likes we dropped 5 likes?

10. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

Thought it said so You'd like to have the honor. Anyways i did. BTW: 300!

11. WingedLiberty

Thanks Ricky, however couldn't some still maintain a bunch of dummy accounts and use a different one each day to build up the post counts and membership length. Maybe the whole concept of this "LIKE" contest is flawed and should be abandoned for future contests. If so, does anyone have any other ideas for future contests?

12. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

You can't make a Dummy account and others can't figure it out.

13. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Multiple Accounts (Dummy Accounts = Ban Hammer !

Ban_Hammer.jpg

14. cciesielski01

cciesielski01 Laced Up

you could have a minimum amount of time as a member and have a minimum post count but people will always find a way to get around it no matter how hard you try unfortunately. as others have already said a raffle would be your best bet or maybe next time you could have mods and people with more than 1000 posts can like the posts to keep it fair. just my .02 lol

btw i know i only have a few posts but i am an active member on a LOT of forums. what can i say?
    i have many hobbies lol.

cody

15. WingedLiberty

Yes that sounds plausible ... 1000 posts is such a large number ... I cant imagine someone working that hard to validate their dummy accts. So if I do another LIKE contest, I will place that restrction on valid voters. Thanks for that idea!

In any case, for future contests, I think a raffle is probably about as fair as I could get -- and might be better than a LIKE contest.

This was fun though ... and I learned a lot about our YNs and other enthusiastic collectors!
    (Which is what I was hoping)

16. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

Awe! I cant enter i got 300 post.

17. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Okay, I am sincerely sorry, not that I got caught, but that I was dishonest. I officially withdraw myself from the contest, and would like to offer my apologies in the form of a gift to the winner and Original poster of this contest. If you wish to accept, the apology, the winner and original poster can PM me their address and I will gladly send them a secondary prize. Once again, I am sincerely sorry and withdraw my entry.

18. WingedLiberty

If I did another LIKE contest, and I am not sure I ever would, I would probably set the rules such that

1. You could enter with a smaller number of minimum posts (perhaps 50 to 100?) ... but your votes wouldnt count (you can still vote (i.e LIKE others) but they wouldnt count)

2. Valid Voters would need to have 1000+ posts

I think that could help solve this whole issue

In any case, I am thinking that a drawing might be fairer for any future contests ???

19. mizozuman2

mizozuman2 that random guy

i think that they should be on here for a minimum of 2-3 months to vote, with 600 posts or so.

20. rickyh211

rickyh211 Member

21. mizozuman2

mizozuman2 that random guy

@wingedliberty,

i think you should just close this contest, and start a new one for the coin. there are too many people that have done things unfair on this contest... :(

Draft saved Draft deleted