Large Cent Giveaway to a YN or Financially Strapped Collector

Discussion in 'Contests' started by WingedLiberty, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

I gotta know... What is it?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Alex491

Alex491 Boy Scout

I got a 1984 proof Olympics coin via USPS shipping (as seen in last photo).
    Also which photos look better:
    A) First two pictures
    B) Next two pictures

Attached Files:

4. phdunay

phdunay Member

5. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

Hey Alex, glad you got the coin. That is one of my FAVORITE eagle designs on modern US coinage. Plus it has an S mintmark which I found on your profile page that you collect. And who can balk at an ounce of silver! On your photos, nice job!! I like the way you picked up the cameo effect (black and white look). One suggestion would be to try to color correct them in a photo software package taking the slab back to white -- that will also correct the coin color. Here are some tiny thumbnails I got when I bought this coin a few years ago. The images are too small to be useable but does give a good guide on what the slab color should be. Glad you got it!!

1984S_Front.jpg 1984S_Back.jpg

6. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

The second one on the first, and the first on the second, and the fifth look best. Though your white balance is kind of off.

7. Alex491

Alex491 Boy Scout

Thank you for the information!

8. ozleck77

ozleck77 Member

1897_Morgan_Dollar.jpg
    Got my prize!
    Thanks WingedLiberty for this beauty!

9. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

Wow, both of those prizes are wonderful indeed.. congrats to both winners...

10. bigspike

bigspike bigspike

well for the first thing i got laid off at work before the holydays started rolling my change up to make ends meet came across some capped die and some off center still dont know to much about coins got a few mercery dime too after i rolled up all my coins i start looking at all the coins i came across

11. Alex491

Alex491 Boy Scout

Sorry but the contest ended.

Draft saved Draft deleted