Large bronze GORDIAN III A.D.238-244

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by jessvc, Mar 29, 2012.

1. jessvc

jessvc Active Member

here is one of my gordian sestertius's, I like the portrait the reverse is a little weak. This picture is not the best its taken with my iphone and I havent figured it out yet.
    Sestertius. Obv. IMP GORDIANVS PIVS FEL AVG, Laureate draped and cuirassed bust right. Rev. P M TR P COS III P P, Gordian seated left holding globe and sceptre. 18.3gm 28mm RIC 294a
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

I like the portrait too.

4. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I would love to see you get a camera that does not also make phone calls. Seriously, for under $100 you can get a working, used camera that was once $1000 like the Nikon 990 or 995 (or probably 100 other answers) that would be easier than iPhoning.
    127039910.jpg

5. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

The plural of sestertius is sestertii. Bad Latin is a petpeeve of mine.

6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

7. jessvc

jessvc Active Member

I have a nikon coolpix 10mp camera but I havent been using it lately or my lamp and my pictures show that. I moved about a month ago and I'm still trying to find everything but I've been busy at work and when Im home im sleeping or doing coin projects among other things. Multitasking tends to be a huge mess. I have the 3g iphone so it doesnt have the camera the newer one has but it was cheaper(I hate spending money and my phone only cost a dollar with the service plan). I have a bad habit of calling these coins sestertius instead of stesterti sorry about that, I will try to use the correct terms.

8. jessvc

jessvc Active Member

Thats a nice set up you have there doug I need to get something like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted