Laminations On Older Lincoln Cents

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Collecting Nut, Sep 29, 2026 at 3:38 PM.

  1. Collecting Nut

    Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

    Baa a coming 2018 I went to a coin show and a dealer had some low priced bags, which I bought. One bag was no date Buffalo Nickels. There were 200 in the bag and as bout 29% of them had a readable date.
    I also picked up a bag of Wheat Cents which were all common except for about 4 of them. I also bought a bag of Wheats, 200 of them for $17.00 and every date was 1909 to 1919. D and S mint marks heavily included.
    Below are some of the lamination errors that I found in that bag. Really neat to find as many as I did but these are the best of them.

    This one is on a 1916-S obverse. It peeled across his coat just missing his bow tie but it catch his face all the way up to his nose.
    IMG_1832.jpeg IMG_1833.jpeg IMG_1834.jpeg
     
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

    Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

    This is on a 1919 obverse. It goes completely across the coin, almost 3 to 9 o’clock. It looks like a black line but in hand it’s split but it’s barely separated so it hard to pick up in a photo.
    IMG_1835.jpeg IMG_1836.jpeg IMG_1837.jpeg
     
  4. Collecting Nut

    Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

    This is a lamination on the reverse of a 1916 Lincoln Cent. It really stands out. Nice to find on a 110 year old coin. IMG_1839.jpeg IMG_1840.jpeg
     

    Attached Files:

Share This Page