Labels for the top of coin slabs

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by chlorinated, Jun 15, 2024.

1. chlorinated

chlorinated Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I feel this was brought up before, but I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone create labels for the TOP of the coin slabs? This would make it easy to pull exactly the coin you want from a storage box.

I imagine it would be easy to do and easily adhered with a bit of clear tape.

Thoughts? Anyone doing this already?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I use Avery 5430 labels or 5434 which are a little larger.
    This one I used the 5434. S8uRRa69QBOqr3ndLyju_ARMY SILVER 2a-horz.jpg

4. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Top edge I'm guessing?

chlorinated, dwhiz and SensibleSal66 like this.
  5. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

I use an Excel spreadsheet to layout and border my labels then print out on full sheet adhesive label stock. Cut along the lines defined by the spreadsheet, peel, and stick.

The spreadsheet cell divisions are very accurate with regard to dimensions.

Z

longshot likes this.
  6. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I think he's talking about labels for the very top, skinny part so you can see it when it's in a box.

I don't think any makes specifically that product, but ANACS slabs are designed specifically for this reason. I think its a clever design, even if I don't use ANACS personally.

dwhiz, chlorinated and ZoidMeister like this.
  7. chlorinated

chlorinated Well-Known Member

You both got it. Yes the very top. Like ANACS I suppose but for the other TPG slabs.

8. calcol

calcol Supporter! Supporter

Heritage does this for its auction coins. It allows personnel to see quickly what’s in a box in viewing rooms. The labels are color coded and stick to the top and wrap down to the backside of the slab label (side with the hologram). Printing on the top edge is the lot number. Lot winners can peel them off fairly easily. Not sure where they get them or if they make them in house. If you ask, they will probably tell you. Idea of having the label wrap to hologram side is pretty good. Can write minimal information on edge, but more extensive on the larger part covering the hologram.

Cal

chlorinated and dwhiz like this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Compugrade and SEGS also used top labels on their slabs.

Unless you are looking for an early NGC slab with an intact hologram. Peeling the label off also peels the hologram off as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted