Kreuzers - Reference Books

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by TTerrier, Feb 6, 2018.

1. TTerrier

TTerrier Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I normally hang out on the ancients board but have also dabbled in medieval/world coins. For some reason the kreuzers of Austria and southern Germany appeal to me (roughly 1600 - 1800 time frame) and I would like to have more information on them and some sort of a plan before I buy any (which is the exact opposite of the random approach I've taken so far).

Can anyone recommend a good reference guide for these? Preferably in English and with some history thrown in as well. I have a couple of the relevant Krause books which seem to have a pretty good list of the coins but not much else.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Not sure what you're going to find in English beyond Krause.

Perhaps @chrisild might know?

4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Unfortunately he doesn't. ;) Partly because I am only peripherally interested in those coins, but also because I am not really familiar with English language numismatic literature. Hope somebody else can chime in here ...

Christian

5. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

This is the one which I use, but it is in german.
    It is a very detailed catalogue with much information.

There maybe a 'downloadable' PDF version on-line you could browse.

Deutscher Münzkatalog 18. Jh..jpg

TTerrier, chrisild and lordmarcovan like this.
  6. TTerrier

TTerrier Well-Known Member

Ausgezeichnet! (that is one of the few words I can remember from German class in university about 35 years ago - I think the "s" is supposed to be an esszett). Thanks for the responses - I will check out the book recommended by Eduard.

7. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Not that it matters much but ... nah, you spelled it just right. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted