Krause catalog world coin values

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Derick, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Raymond Gerrity

Raymond Gerrity New Member

Derrick I feel your pain! If I had the backing and the money I would create my own accurate world coin value book. Krause is no longer worthy to serve as the premier guide for world coin values. I am waiting for them to get it together break the world coins down by continent and country and then give a complete list of coin values from G to MS65

I am so tired of seeing the prices stop at MS60. or MS63. Also they almost always omit XF45, AU50, 53,55,&58. When I have to sell some of my coins I am at the complete mercy of the coin dealer who will give me a slick smile and say well the price guide only goes MS60 so I am not sure what to offer you for the MS65 Thaler your selling.

It is a complete disservice to all the world coin collectors to be held hostage to a poorly assembled and often incomplete coin book. NGC and PCGS ought to use some of their power to bring pressure aginst Krause into doing the right thing, which would be to release a complete and comprehensive catalog that more accurately conveys the market price for world coins. They could start with Europe making Germany there top priority
    Ray Gerrity
    tranquilrivers@aol.com

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Raymond Gerrity

4. Raymond Gerrity

5. Raymond Gerrity

I think I am similar to Derrick. You Have helped me immensely by listing these two sites.

Thank You

Ray

Draft saved Draft deleted