Krause Assigned Numbers

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kent SC, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Kent SC

Kent SC New Member

Has Krause stopped assigning KM numbers to recent foreign coins? I have many foreign coins since 2015 that I can not find a KM#. Thanks!

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

They are still attributing them to Euros, what countries outside the EU can;t you find?
    Krause number KM# 1327
    Country Spain
    Denomination 1 euro
    Currency rate 1 EUR = 1.22 USD
    Year 2017

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I have two 14 inch double row boxes of coins that don't have KM numbers yet. Some of those go back to 2015 or 2016.

5. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

I had tracked down the email address for the then editor and emailed them in 2017 concerning the US 2014 Kennedy 50th anniversary coins and subsequent items. They were assigned within two weeks.

Today, post-bankruptcy? I have no idea who it would be. It's not even clear if this went with the F+W Media Collectibles Community to Cruz Bay / Active Interest Media (AIM) along with Numismatic news, or with the Krause books to Penguin Bertlesmann.

Certainly, there have been no signs of life on the book's front. The yearly Standard Catalog of World Coins 2001-date volume was announced but is now gone from the website.

I would send a letter to the editor of NN and if nothing happens, start looking for AIM contacts (several of the execs are on LinkedIn).

6. Kent SC

Kent SC New Member

Thanks for responding expat. Some examples are 2015 Cook Islands 10 cents, 2015 Oman 5 Baisa, 2016 Turkey 1 Lira, 2016 Sri Lanka 1 Rupee.

7. Kent SC

Kent SC New Member

Thanks for replying Burton! The "World Coins" book I have is 15th Edition 1901-Present, and I realize they wouldn't have coins after that publication date. However, another resource I use a lot is website https://en.numista.com and even they do not have KN numbers for recent coinage.

8. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

2016 Turkey 1 Lira comes up as

KM# 1244, Schön# 808 on Numista but there is another commemorative with this date also/
    The others, also no idea

9. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

In this case, there is a clear relationship between an egg (Krause [formerly] assigning KM#s in either their magazines or books) and a Chicken (showing up in downstream items such as Numista).

No eggs, eventually no chickens...

The 1901-present book split to become 1901-2000 and 2001-present. There were still 1901-2000 coins discovered and added post-2000.

Draft saved Draft deleted