Kointain or Direct Fit?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 5dollarEdunote, May 25, 2011.

1. 5dollarEdunote

5dollarEdunote Coin Connoisseur

I have decided to invest in airtite holders for my coins, and I am split between two brands: Kointain and Direct Fit. Kointains are nice because of the simple design and cheap price, but I am worried about them because the curved surface (convex) might make them a pain to store as they might wobble. I also haven't heard about many people here using them, so If anyone here uses them give me some feedback on the quality and effectiveness of Kointains. I also want to know if they are anti yellow treated and scratch resistant, like Direct Fits.

Direct Fits are good because of the flat surface and reliability (Ive seen many compliments on Direct Fits). The only problem is that they are more expensive than Kointains, and according to many Kointains tend to "blend in" with the coin, unlike Direct Fits.

5dollaredunote

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

I personally do not like kointains - just a preference. Can't answer your questions because I have never really looked into kointains. Too hard to open and I do not think they offered as much protection as airtites. I also like the ring type airtites bettter than the direct fit. Again just a personal preference.

Draft saved Draft deleted