Known errors on MPC?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by gsalexan, Oct 18, 2017.

1. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Here's a question I've been wondering about. With the vast numbers of MPC that were issued, there must have been a few printing errors that slipped past, just like regular currency. I've seen replacement notes, but never any mention of error notes. Granted, I am only a novice in this area and don't track MPC auctions. Can any of the more experienced MPC collectors speak to this?

mpcusa likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

mpcusa likes this.
  4. lettow

lettow Senior Member

There are not many in the marketplace. There are a handful illustrated in the MPC catalog.

Joe Boling has a butterfly fold that he pulled from circulation in Morocco when he lived there as an army brat. The MPC catalog also illustrates a misalignment error that was found in the abandoned Tudor Press factory.

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Actually have been collecting and dealing MPC for many, many years and to tell you
    The truth i really havent seen a "true error note" as defined, though depending on
    The series you will find notes that are very poorly centered especially from the
    Series 461 and 481, this example from the first printing Series 461 in $5 is a prime
    Example though i would not consider this a true error it is very badly centered other
    Then that it is a gem note !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mpcusa

In comparison to another not in my collection, this is what perfection looks like
    Series 681 $10 in PCGS 69PPQ, many note like this were destroyed in burning parties so true populations can only be estimated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mpcusa

Draft saved Draft deleted