Kim Thanh

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Page6, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Page6

Page6 New Member

Hi,
    I inherited 2 of the 3 gold bars about 21 years ago. This one is 15.9 regular grams. (Not troy) I am wondering if any collectors are familiar or interested in this type thing. . I have made an album labeled Kim Tahn. Not the best pictures but hopefully they will suffice. Bar It is about 4.5" long and 1.5"wide .1 cm depth. I overheard as a youngster for good luck and commonly used by Royals and if these particular Bars were from descendants of royalty before the fall of Saigon is all I know. And I'm not sure if my memories are totally 100% on the names of towns countries I don't I'm not sure what they're exactly called so I that's just what comes to my head Any idea what I could expect to get for the bar. And if possible you could guide me to the best place that would be best to sell this type of item

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

oh my goodness... Why would you want to sell that? Sooooo cool to me!

spirityoda likes this.
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

That is very cool and probably worth more than just the melt value. Wait for more opinions on value.

5. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    spirityoda likes this.
  6. 352sdeer

@Page6 I’d put it on sleezbay for $2500 each and see if a sucker bites! ;)

Reed.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  7. Page6

Page6 New Member

Umm... for green paper money, you know ducats, long green, bucks, dough, bread, moolah, cheddar, paper, stash, benjamins, loot, bones, scratch, cheese:smuggrin:, scrilla, scrill, greenbacks.;) lol feel free to add any other slang dollar names. :) It is cool; but will still have another bigger better one that I had professionally mounted and framed.

Attached Files:

8. Page6

Page6 New Member

l
    Your right about Sleezebay, I am on a strike protest, they are so behind in the times and getting to be more and more of a rip off and they over inflate their sales and so much politics. Just irks me to no end. You cant even email them, you call and get a person in the Philippines, (no offense to the kind souls trying to do their job) but they have not the tools or the knowledge to accomplish anything at all. I am mad that they are outsourcing those jobs to foreign countries and cant support that. Again no offense to anyone

9. Page6

Page6 New Member

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/56123573_kim-thanh-vietnamese-9999-gold-bar-in-14k-frame
    found this one 28.8 grams with a 14k gold necklace chain. Total weight with chain is 28.8, not just bar alone, it went for $1500 on 10/7/19 but they charge a 23% commission. So IDK $345 commission fee assuming it sold for same, I would end up with $1155? I could also throw in a 14k chain. what do you think?

10. 352sdeer

@Page6 Go to the forums button and click, now go to the very bottom and you’ll find a for sale category post them there for $850 each. Remember you don’t have the rice paper wrappers that they originally came in so some of the premium is lost but the coolness factor and the fact they are gold might give you an edge. I would post them on sleezbay like I stated before for an even higher price, what the heck. Good luck.

Reed

11. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Fascinating item. BTW, grams is not either Troy or Av. An Av. ounce is 28.35 g while a Troy ounce is 31.10 g. Also there are 12 oz to the Troy pound and 16 oz to the Av. pound...stick to grams!

Draft saved Draft deleted