Key Star Notes $20 series 2013 (All 10)

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by cashhound, Mar 10, 2021.

1. cashhound

cashhound Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

About how long did it take you to acquire them all?

cashhound and capthank like this.
  4. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a great accomplishment. Congratulations and thanks for sharing them.

capthank likes this.
  5. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

7. cashhound

About 9 months. I am now working on 2017 and 2017A ($20 notes only).

UncleScroge likes this.
  8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Nice set @cashhound.
    Here’s all six 2013 $20 replacement notes.

34705267-C512-45D6-A5D3-CDA8C1439634.jpeg 6A8058DB-6FDE-422F-AA37-35E7460D8376.jpeg 82F858D5-0A24-4905-BEED-86C58FECF7FA.jpeg 541D7E9D-8F10-4533-9190-1CA4238FA749.jpeg F6634CB4-E1EE-405C-9568-760E6A38F760.jpeg 329DC123-2D74-482F-9FBA-B474495E65E6.jpeg

xCoin-Hoarder'92x and cashhound like this.
  9. Joea59

Joea59 Member

@cashhound
    Did you find those or did you buy them? If you don't mind me asking? I mostly collect coins but I have started taking an interest on some currency. Most of mine are the silver certificates. You said you are working on the 2017 $20 notes. I just found a 2017 $20 Star Note, ND00096931* in near uncirculated condition. I was told by someone that it was not worth much at all and to just spend it. Well I thought I would just look it up and found out that it is from a 160,000 run. Which to me sounds kinda rare but that does not really mean a whole lot to me. Like I said I'm more into coins really. And some older notes. If you are interested in the note I have let me know. That is if my Grandson does not want it. He's into coins also but I don't know if he would like this note. If he doesn't I let you have it if you need it. Or like my wife tells me, "You don't need coins, you WANT coins." So if you "Want" it, let me know.

cashhound likes this.
  10. cashhound

I bought them all on an online auction. Thanx for the offer but I already have 3 series 2017 Ohio star (ND) notes. Your friend is correct in saying that is not worth that much today but hopefully it will be in the future. IMO your best bet would be to hold onto it. I will however take it if your going to just spend it.

11. Joea59

Joea59 Member

You are very welcome. Since you don't need it I guess I'll let my grandson have it and let him know that right now it is not worth much. But that by the time he gets to my age it might be. The way my grandkids are they don't really care about how much money something I give them is worth. What ever they get from me is priceless to them. And well that is all that really matters to me and them. My oldest granddaughter is now 24 and when she was about a year old she had a thing with nice looking rocks. Just plain rock laying around. I found one I thought she would like and gave it to her. I was wrong, She loved it! My daughter and her made a little card board case for it and wrote on it: "MY ROCK = MY GRANDPA" She still has that rock in that box.

UncleScroge likes this.
  12. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Nice set of stars. I have a few $10, $5 and $1 star notes but have yet to find a $20 star so far. Of course I could buy one online but it's more of a fun challenge to acquire stars at a grocery store. :p

Maybe it's just me, but I hate it when notes are off-centered. It just looks out of place and you never know if the next cashier might think they're funny money.

Draft saved Draft deleted