Key Date Buffalo Nickel

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Flixx, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Flixx

Flixx New Member

Super Worn i will post a photo later-
    After Close examination of a Buffalo nickel i came to realise it was a key date 9 million were minted that year i found a 1917 D Buffalo Nickel! i am going to get A date restorer soon so i can inspect my other buffalo nickel :)
    What is it worth? i could show u potato images but thats not good i can just say it looks like any old buff

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Awaiting photo.

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

5. Flixx

Flixx New Member

This is the best i can do for now

Attached Files:

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Instead of using date restorer, which leaves an ugly spot, consider soaking your dateless nickel in white vinegar for a few hours. It's cheaper, less toxic, and (in my opinion) produces a better cosmetic result.

But don't do it if there's any other way to infer the date. If you can see hints of the last two digits, or if you can see a mound on the back (Type 1), you'll only reduce the value by "restoring" any more detail.

eddiespin and Dougmeister like this.
  7. Flixx

Flixx New Member

Its a type 2

8. buffnixx

buffnixx Active Member

zzzzzzzzz

rickmp likes this.
  9. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

I would like to see a clear picture of the potato please. A 3D holographic image would be best. The 1917 D potato "small eyes" variety is particularly rare but easy to identify. Don't clean, mash, slice, fry, etc. your potato - ruins the value.

10. Flixx

Flixx New Member

Like i said you have to wait i can't get a proper photo until later today i just took a quick photo to show you my bad quality Pc camera

11. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

The white vinegar will smooth down the surface, that's why he's cautioning that. It's just the trade-off for bringing up the date and mint mark. White vinegar is the best, I've used it hundreds of times, but that's the "this-for-that." Also, after you're done, add oil, and you've got a good salad dressing (...well, no). :)

12. Flixx

Flixx New Member

Here you go high quality images

13. Flixx

Flixx New Member

^

Attached Files:

• 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      334.5 KB
      Views: