Kennedy Half Set

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Morpheus, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Morpheus

Morpheus Active Member

Hello everyone. Trying to get the feel for a value on a Kennedy half dollar set I have. The set I have consists of all available Kennedy half dollars. 211 of them. P,D, and S for each year where applicable. Then starting in 1992 P, D, S and S. The 2012 silver proof is a graded 69. Accented hair I have graded and ungraded. Graded is PF65.

All of the coins from the with the special mint sets are graded at least MS67. (1965-67 and 2005-2010). I have all the specialty sets as well, like the 4 coin set from 2014 and the 1998 Robert and John Set.

All of the remaining coins are raw. I do not have any of the DDO coins that NGC lists in the registry set.

And all of the coins are in fantastic shape.

Ballpark?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Kennedy Half Set - sounds like you have the whole set :cool:
    How about the 50th anniversary 2014-W gold commemorative?

K15_zoom-300x300.jpg

Morpheus and Clawcoins like this.
  4. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

What it's worth, and what you would receive from a dealer are, of course, two different things. Sounds like you have most of the offerings from the US Mint. Are you storing them in protected albums (Dansco) with the protective covers? That will affect the quality of the coins, as humidity and tobacco smoke are two of the worst things for coins.

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Active Member

All of the individual coins are in either air-tites or slabs. The sets are in the original packaging. All are in a safe.

6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I have no idea of the value, but that’s an impressive collecting feat!

Pickin and Grinin and Morpheus like this.
  7. Morpheus

Morpheus Active Member

Still ongoing, but thanks. Just added the Apollo/Kennedy clad set the other day.

Santinidollar likes this.
  8. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

@Morpheus, sounds like you have some very nice Kennedy's, but nothing exceptionally rare.

If you'd like to get market values for Kennedy's, go to Heritage Auctions and look through their auction archives. It will give you a current retail market price for the coins in your collection.

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

67's across the board, That is pretty impressive for business strikes.
    Any PL or DPL coins in that bunch?

10. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

Good to hear you know what you're doing with coins. Hope you can get a definitive answer or find out where you can.

11. DANIEL HENRIQUEZ

DANIEL HENRIQUEZ Active Member

Well, first let me say you have a great collection and should be proud. That said though, you stated you have the 2012 S Silver Proof which in itself is a great coin yet, I sincerely hope you are not listening to the hype that this coin is rare. It appears someone started the rumor and it stuck regarding a low mintage but, it's mintage is not that low. On the contrary, 2015 S has a lower mintage at 387,311 & 2016 S even lower at 353,205 so, the 2012 S is not really as rare or low mintage as many are claiming. Not to mention, 2014, 2017, 2018 and certainly 2019 has lower mintages. What I am getting at is please don't value the set with the 2012 hype as it will correct in time, I promise. Regardless, enjoy your Kennedys. FYI, I have them all including 2019...hope you get yours.

Draft saved Draft deleted