Kennedy Double Die

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by swizzle, Mar 18, 2004.

1. swizzle

swizzle New Member

Looking for info. on how rare Double Dies on Kennedy Halves are? I found a 1972 D double die with rather strong doubling on UNITED STATES on the back. It is only on one side and on the edge that says united states. How can I best protect this coin? Is there a way to gently wash away oils from your skin from the coins surface? Any idea's of the value of this coin? I will try to post pics in the near future. The coin is in relatively good shape. Jason

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Howdy swizzle - Welcome to the Forum !!

I'm not very knowledgeable about errors & doubled die coins, but there are several members here who are. I'm sure one of them will be able to help answer your question.

As for cleaning the coin - it's usually not a very good idea. There are several threads in the Main Coin Forum on this subject. Rather than rehash the whole subject here - why don't you check them out ;)

4. laz

laz New Member

It seems from scanning Ebay listings that the Kennedy Half series has loads of doubled dies on both obverses and reverses. I recommend checking into the master listings at CONECA by clicking here. I think this is one of the more interesting areas of variety coin collecting and the Kennedy Half varieties still seem to be very underrated today. Good luck with your research! ~ Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted