Just wondering

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Minnlou, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Minnlou

Minnlou Member

I have a 2002 sent and on the back that I circled there is 4th from liberty and Unum you can see why would they be at the bottom on the back?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. im not sure what your asking or pointing out but thats a 1982

4. Minnlou

Minnlou Member

I know I tried to fix it but didn't know how

5. Minnlou

Minnlou Member

What I'm asking is why I would see that was it punched or is it because it was by other coins.

6. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

You're going to need a super clear closeup if you want people to know what they're talking about. Right now too blurry to see.

phillipaanderson likes this.
  7. its an interesting find. if it were pressed in by another coin it would be backwards but i can see the t then y in correct order, so cool, i wish i had more info but a quick search and found nothing more. hopefully one of the experts on here can help but either way cool find

8. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Can you rephrase your question? It looks like autocorrect might have messed up a couple of your words. All I'm seeing is likely a fingerprint in that circle. Better photos would certainly help. Better lighting will make the photos easier.

justinberry likes this.
  9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

What I'm seeing appears to be a plating issue you have circled. This was the first year for copper plated zinc cents and they were fraught with plating problems. Gas gets between the plating and zinc and starts to push up and out. On yours it appears like extra Memorial columns but it is not. Not an error, just poorly made and time has also taken it's toll on yours.

10. Minnlou

Minnlou Member

Thank u all

11. justinberry

justinberry I collect spendables

Capture+_2019-04-04-05-53-55.png He's angry they salted him down with zinc lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted