Just wondering if anyone has an answer

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Ember4381, May 3, 2011.

1. Ember4381

Ember4381 New Member

I have a 1963 Roosevelt dime DDO. I was just wondering if anyone knew how much it is worth. I would post pics, but I do not have a camera good enough to show the doubling. Any answers would be great. Thank you

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Anywhere from 10c to $27,564,655.00. (plus 15% buyers premium)

4. Ember4381

Ember4381 New Member

it is VG quality.. not graded and it is mint mark "D". as well as being prior to 1964 which makes it 90%silver. All of the lettering except for the date shows doubling

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Ember, one really couldn't say for sure if it is DDO, without a photo or in person. You might take it to a coin club meeting in your area, or even a coin dealer to look at. A true doubled die results from the making of the die used for striking the coins. However there are far more common ways that the image can appear doubled from the striking process, which isn't a doubled die coin in reality , but one of these.

http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/OtherFormsOfDoubling.htm

Jim

6. Ember4381

Ember4381 New Member

pics

ok so here are a few pics.. but the images are pretty blurry... I can't stress how much. The lines I am pointing at are clean in my magnifying glass... almost as if you stacked two coins on top of each other
    1.jpg

6.jpg
    2 copy.jpg
    5 copy.jpg

7. Ember4381

Ember4381 New Member

hope these help.. they are pretty blurry, but as close as I could get

8. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Looks like a deteriorated die and MD. Clearer pics would certainly help in determining what it is.

9. Danester

Danester Junior Member

Looks like Machine Doubling (vibration from the press) to me..... Low shelf-like doubling. No premium for that.

The Danester

10. jcakcoin

jcakcoin New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted