Just wasted 45 minutes of my life

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by medoraman, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Not a problem. It's funny how we use acronyms in various professions and they only mean something to those who deal with them constantly. I was military for 33 years and if you've ever been around the military for any length of time, you know how much we use acronyms. It took me a while to stop using them once I retired into civilian life.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I was with UPS for thirty and we used a lot of acronyms too, LOL........

4. tarantella

tarantella New Member

I was just thinking of eBay when I came across this thread. I was doing some idle browsing for old Swiss coins, and I noticed that even the coins in not great condition - no luster, a little worn etc. - were either priced insanely high for their true worth or were bid up to a really high price. Is there something special about Swiss francs from the 50s and 60s aside from their silver content that's making them especially attractive?

5. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Not particularly. I am at the point that I try to buy first from coin shows if world coins or bullion, or specialty auctions ir ancient, first. Its really surprising how much cheaper these sources are than Ebay nowadays. I buy on Ebay if I have specialty knowledge in something, and even then lose 90% of what I bid on.

That's ok though. The one truth in life I have learned in this hobby is: There is always anothrr coin. Remember that, and coins you miss out on don't hurt so bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted