Just searching....

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Paintballa7786, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Paintballa7786

Paintballa7786 New Member

Just searching through a bunch of change i had lying around and i found this stuff.... I dunno what or if they are errors, im probably just looking to hard?
    1st - New Hampshire quarter - "LIVE FRE OR DIE" I know the last E of FREE is there, but just barely, couldnt be wear on that tiny little E could it?
    2nd- Nickle - Rim on right side much larger, no rim on left side, I dunno.
    3rd - Penny - IN GOD WE TRUST at top is touching rim, doesnt do that on a normal penny.

Im sure this stuff is nothing, i just thought id show. If by chance it is let me know!

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

You guessed right ;)

The first is a filled die error - the other two are slightly off-center strikes.

4. Paintballa7786

Nothing out of the norm, eh GDJMSP?

5. jody526

jody526 New Member

Hi Paintballa7786,

In case GDJMSP doesn't come back online until later, I will answer your question.

The type of errors you have are very common. They don't command a premium, and are not actively sought out by error collectors.

The good news is that you are learning and paying attention. Well done.

So, you are from Roanoke?
    I live just outside of Martinsville.

Welcome to CoinTalk, neighbor.

6. Paintballa7786

Yep, im from good ole Roanoke VA. We just decided to take out my dads old collection, and now i am just looking more into things. Seems like a very fun thing to do, ive always collected coins from other countries when i could, but never really cared about old U.S coins. But i wouldnt mind doing so now. It seems like it may take a little money to get into this hobby, so im not sure if now is a good time or now, with me going into freshman year of college in august.

7. jody526

jody526 New Member

Well, I can tell you that coin collecting can be as expensive, or cheap, as you want it to be.

Some US coins that are 100 years old, can be bought for a couple of bucks.

Others can be had for basicly their intrinsic value.

As long as you don't have to have the best of everything, you can put together a nice accumulation of coins on a very tight budget.

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Thanks for pickin up the slack there Jody ;)

9. jody526

jody526 New Member

Anytime, my friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted