Just received notifacation that my March of Dimes 3 pc. sets have shipped.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by ROLLROOTER, May 19, 2015.

1. ROLLROOTER

ROLLROOTER New Member

What are the chances of getting them certified by PCGS as Early release coins?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

If they're still in the US Mint shipping package (sealed) and shipped within 30 days of them going on sale, I think they qualify.

ROLLROOTER likes this.
  4. ROLLROOTER

ROLLROOTER New Member

Will give PCGS a Call and get the submission forms. THANKS

5. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

I was told by PCGS that I just had to send the coins in the OGP and they didn't have to be sent sealed in the mint packaging. I got 4 sets there now for grading. We will see.

6. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Hope the mint didn't just ship out recent returns to clear some backlog but it wouldn't surprise me.

7. ROLLROOTER

ROLLROOTER New Member

Hope they didn't also. Returned all my Unc. MoD dollars they were junk; cost me about $17 bucks for postage to me and Shipping and Ins. to return them.

8. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

I returned some MOD sets last week in fact which and why I speculate they probably just then sent those out to some other unsuspecting person. Quality on dimes was horrible and I'm not one to complain about needing 69/70 but I'm talking straight defects and scratches i posted them in another thread regarding the sets somewhere around here. Oddly enough the proof dollars all looked perfect. I didn't have to pay postage though they provided me a prepaid label to print out to return UPS.

9. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

I've never returned a product to the Mint. If you return them, can you ask for them to be replaced, or do you have to "go to the end of the line" and hope there is still product left?

10. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

The replacement option hasn't worked for me since they revamped the webpage. Customer service claims they're working on allowing replacements, but I've had to reorder everything I've returned since the revamp. Also, I've returned items that were sold out for replacement under the old system and never did get a replacement - for the Franklin commem dollars I was told they never received my return - thank goodness they were insured.

11. ROLLROOTER

ROLLROOTER New Member

The form in the OGP box has a request replacement option.

12. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Yeah and it doesn't work.

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Good heavens! Thank goodness I never checked that box..........

Draft saved Draft deleted