Just picked up this proof Washington Quarter with gorgeous toning.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jtlee321, Feb 6, 2016.

1. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

I just picked up this gorgeous Proof 1992-S clad Washington Quarter. It has the most subtle yet beautiful iridescent pastel toning. I couldn't say no to a $3.00 price tag. I'm sure I over paid, but to me it's a stunner..

1992-S-Proof-Washington-Quarter-with-iridescent-toning.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Wanna double your money? lol

Jdiablo30 and Evan8 like this.
  4. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

Nice pick up!

5. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I will triple it! Maybe it was just the pictures but, there arent many modern coins that i say "wow" to.

6. jtlee321

I never even look at modern clad stuff. But this caught my eye. The colors only come out when you tilt it just right in the light. I think it's been sitting in a cardboard 2x2 for quite some time.

Looking at it straight on, it's just a meh.. But tilting it around and it's wow..

Stevearino likes this.
  7. jtlee321

It took special lighting to bring out the colors. It's a bit of a hybrid lighting set up, a combination of axial and some high angle direct lighting from the left to bring out the Washington's profile and the devices.

8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

9. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

I had some proof clad commemorative halves that were just like this, that came from a flea market in Florida.
    Same sort of deal, meh when you look at them straight on, crazy when you look at them at an angle. Nice coin.

10. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

I'd buy that all day long for 3 dollars. I love the iridescent undertones ..is that your picture too? That's a very nice shot;

11. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Beautiful coin!!!

12. jtlee321

@Jdiablo30 yes that is my image I shot. Thank you very much.

Stevearino likes this.
  13. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

You didn't pay too much for it. It's a lovely coin and if it was worth $3 to you, then you didn't overpay. I would have paid that for it for sure. You got a steal.

14. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

That is a fantastic Washington. I love modern clad stuff that tones, especially like this.

I second what @bugo said. You liked it, it spoke to you, you bought it, 'nough said.

bugo likes this.
  15. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

16. NYandW

NYandW Makes Cents!

Very nice piece!

17. jtlee321

Thanks. I'm alway's on the lookout for nice color on any coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted