Just informed major auction house loses package. SMH

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by treylxapi47, Nov 9, 2015.

1. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

What an incredible mess this company is becoming. I recently won a fairly unique piece of currency from the big auction house out in Texas. The auction ended early in October. I made payment and it cleared on Oct 19th, and after reaching out to them last week, they informed me that it would be sent out no later than 11/2/2015.

Well I just emailed them back asking about the situation and was told that the package has been 'lost' and that they will refund my money. Not only that, they deleted my order so I cant even verify that it was there in my past history. The even more worrisome part is that instead of reaching out to me last week to tell me that the package was gone after their self imposed deadline passed, I had to initiate contact with them to be informed of the situation, and to get my money back. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I am so glad I found out this information, as I just picked up a nice size consignment from a client and was literally in the process of seeking an auction company to help me dispose of his coins. It certainly wont be going to a company that cant track their products OR inform their own buyer clients of the issues.

For the curious ones, the consignment I picked up has a VERY nice GSA 1879 CC Morgan Dollar in at least MS-64 possibly even MS-65 for just that one coin in the lot. Needless to say I wont be funneling that 5 figure coin down to Texas.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

You have been warned!

And whats even more concerning is that our other pal having problems with this same company was just validated in my eyes.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Shades of Hugh.........

swamp yankee likes this.
  4. treylxapi47

Bingo. I was on the fence with his story. Not any more.

The bad part is that the note was from my hometown and there aren't many collectors out there who would even have a connection to curate such a note in the way that I would have cared for it and connected with it.

I am pissed to say the very least.

swamp yankee likes this.
  5. treylxapi47

Thankfully the note was unique and I have emails proving I won it. I dare it to pop up in the wild.

swamp yankee likes this.
  6. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

What would it change? You`re getting your money back and hence don't have any rights even if it is "recovered" after being "lost" (possibly even by the same company).

7. green18

That's what I find very strange.......same thing happened to our friend.

8. green18

Trey, did you get a tracking number?

9. treylxapi47

Because then I can inform other people of their shady business practices that's why. If it goes to auction that's one thing, anything short of that and you are talking all kinds of craziness from an industry leading company.

10. treylxapi47

No, no tracking was ever issued. I even gave them ample time to ship it before I bothered them about it.

That's also grinding my gears. I only got a refund after proactively reaching out TWICE.

11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

They will miss that business for sure. An 1879 CC Morgan, MS-65 went down for $32,500 last night at the David Lawrence weekly auction.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  12. ThinnPikkins

ThinnPikkins Well-Known Member

They will find ot later and offer it up for a more handsome price!

13. treylxapi47

I have a feeling something much more sinister happened, but I'm not going to divulge that here because I want to catch the slip up.

14. green18

In every instance that I've won an auction from them, I've gotten a tracking number when they shipped out the package.

15. treylxapi47

This one is headed to NGC, I also need to verify if it's the possible VAM, I actually misspoke though. I evaluated the collection and will be picking it up sometime this week.

I did my client a favor though. A dealer offered him $2500 for it.

16. treylxapi47

They told me it was lost in the building. Never shipped out from them. So they lost it in house. Which is why tracking was never issued. It was gone before getting that far

17. green18

Lost in house........yeah, right. devil.gif

swamp yankee likes this.
  18. treylxapi47

Look i understand accidents happen. I shouldn't have had to email twice to get my money back though.

swamp yankee likes this.
  19. green18

No, you shouldn't have. They should have informed you right away, that the item went missing, and issued you a full refund.........but even that would have raised my suspicions.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  20. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I haven't had any problems. .. Yet. Biggest problem is unless it's one of their major sales bidiots usually very run everything semi decent up to where there's nothing left in it

swamp yankee likes this.
  21. treylxapi47

Like I said, I understand losing something from time to time, I am just mad that its been since Oct 19th when I paid and I had to reach out to them.

I am pissed, and I told them as much. How can I trust them with my clients' coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted