Just got the elusive 1916 Barber Half....

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Morgandude11, May 18, 2015.

1. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Of course not. It would in no way bother me either way--with or without it.

C-B-D likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

@Morgandude11 Sure say "Bad analogy" and that's it . That's your MO with anything you don't agree with , just dismiss it outright as I've seen you do countless times . I guess it works because you have some of the newer members thinking your the next thing to David Q. Bowers , when most of us who have been here long enough , know you don't know 1/2 of what you think you know . They are copies of US coinage , same design with slight differences , nothing more . Now Mr. Carrs original pieces of work , are art .

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

More of the never-ending deflection, plain and simple. You walked into one, and instead accepting it, and perhaps laughing it off, here we are again with the excuses; it had only to do with the design and date, and you know that.

As for the market speaking, that's great, but has no part in this (more deflection) as what people like and choose to collect has no bearing on common sense. Some like blow, and it generates a hell of a lot more money than your "fantasy" pieces, so is this all that matters? The "market" spoke long ago on it, but I see very few using that as their justification for right or wrong. Many like your work, and that is fantastic. Many seem morethan willing to buy into your claims, against all reason and common sense, that you didn't copy the design, and that's fine too, but it does not make what you do right, nor does it give you the right to refer to those of us who choose not to as "haters". The term does not imply personal or educated choice, but ignorance and contempt, so perhaps you could show a little tact, and when presented with an opinion that differs from your own. Respect begets respect; perhaps if you gave more, the same would come your way in return.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Wrong! All that is necessary is deep pockets. Knowledge requires effort, but deep pockets only require a rich relative.

Chris

Coinchemistry 2012 and rzage like this.
  6. Morgandude11

Now, now, let's not get testy. I said your analogy was a bad one, so I dismissed it out of hand. Let me restate my original point for the umpteenth time: If you do not like Daniel Carr's work, DO NOT BUY IT. It really is as simple as that. Let me also add: Tokens are NOT counterfeit coins--they are non-legal tender coinage. It is clearly stated that they are not US coins. End of story--you want to make it more complex, go right ahead and do so, but it really is rather simple.

dwhiz and Paul M. like this.
  7. Morgandude11

Oh, by the way--this self-riotous deprecation of the fantasy coin and token work of Daniel Carr inspired me to put my money where my mouth is once again. I just ordered these--do I have to worry that they are Chinese copies, and don't have the word "COPY" printed on them? To me, they are extremely attractive. Seller's pictures used, until I receive my order:

ppie_2015_bs.jpg ppie_2015_cu.jpg

dwhiz and Paul M. like this.
  8. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Nice , I like them and no since they're not exact copies .

9. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Speaking of Q. David Bowers -
    He purchased a coin from me a few years ago -
    A "1964-D" over-strike Peace silver dollar.

10. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I did not intend to address anyone in particular here on this forum as a "hater". But there are some out there, like one that I've had to deal with on another forum.

But when you say "many seem more than willing to buy into your claims, against all reason and common sense", that seems like a form of derision directed towards other collectors that have an opinion different than yours.

I agree that everyone should decide for themselves and not be "hated" for their choices, so long as those choices don't negatively affect others.

If someone simply does not like the items I produce and does not agree with my contentions, I do not consider such a person to be a "hater", even if they write about it here. My apologies to anyone here who may have thought I considered them to be that.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Paul M. likes this.
  11. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Did you hear the story about the person who didn't know one coin from another and when they inherited a bunch of money they went out and blew it on a bunch of worthless coins ?

Neither have I.

Paul M. likes this.
  12. cpm9ball

Have you heard all of the stories about the lottery winners who were broke in no time flat?

Doesn't everyone just love those who try to avoid the issue by asking a ridiculous question?

Chris

13. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Yes, I have. Did any of them waste the money on worthless coins ? No.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Right back at ya ;)

19Lyds and Paul M. like this.
  14. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

How about making a ridiculous statement to dodge?

15. cpm9ball

See? He's getting tired of trying to be logical. I knew he could only last so long.

Chris

16. cpm9ball

I'm sorry you weren't able to comprehend any of them.

Chris

17. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Jeez this argument is still going on?

18. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I used bad judgement and let my wife talk me into a new kitchen, laundry, and hardwood floors throughout the house or I would order several of them.

dwhiz and TopcatCoin like this.
  19. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

yes

20. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Right back at ya ;)

All "logic" went out of this tread and down the gutter a while ago. All that is left is trolling.

Paul M. likes this.
  21. cpm9ball

Wow! Now he's even calling himself a troll.

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted