Just found a roll of brand new 1959 Lincoln Memorial cents

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by RachelRuth, Jan 22, 2018.

1. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

Gonna post some pics of some of them. They're quite interesting with all the variations. Found them in the coins my father passed down to me. They were unopened and I'm probably dumb for opening them but I wasn't quite sure what was in it.

Anyways, let me know what y'all think.

Thanks. I will post more pictures tomorrow.

Rachel

Sorry the pics aren't perfect. I'm not forcing you or paying you to look at the pictures so if they cause you to go blind then please feel free to sue Moto. I really apologize and hope to one day have better equipment.

Attached Files:

Traci, JayF and ken454 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

More

Attached Files:

JayF and ken454 like this.
  4. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Good morin rachelruth I no you indicated that these were never opened, they appear to be circulated coins. IMHO

But they are nice looking coins but wait for more expert opinions.

Dave

5. JAY-AR

JAY-AR Well-Known Member

Rachel, nice find! They look mint state to me.....by the way, your pictures are actually very good!:snaphappy::happy:

6. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

These are a DDRs .
    upload_2018-1-22_6-57-58.png

upload_2018-1-22_7-0-23.png

7. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

8. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

That's only the coins that I've looked at so far. I still have many more of them.

9. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

They're uncirculated for sure.

10. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

More

Attached Files:

11. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

More

Attached Files:

12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I Disagree.. They can't be brand new because they were minted in 1959. You meant they look like new ;)

Once they leave the Mint and are rolled up in wrappers.. They are considered circulated.

I do see circulation marks on all of them.

13. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

More

Attached Files:

14. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

Last for now.

Okay, well... They were all in a hard case roll. So whatever they are they're damn nice so it's no big deal to me.

Attached Files:

15. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

They were sealed very much so. Was nearly impossible to open them because they've been sealed for so long. Of course they're not brand new.

16. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

Some of them

Attached Files:

17. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

They were in a m. meghrig & sons case.

18. paddyman98

Nice then. Make Sure to handle them all with good clean hands. Those shiny Cents pick up fingerprints very easily!

19. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

That is not true. For the OP's sake, "circulated" does not address a coin's history but its condition. In fact, there are plenty of coins that would rightfully grade in the MS ("uncirculated") range that can be pulled directly from circulation.

OBWs - Original Bank Rolls - were rolled after leaving the mint then just as they are today. This, of course, is different from a "BU roll" or the simple re-wrapping of circulated coins.

The photos are fairly representative of what can often be found in OBW rolls. Sometimes better and others worse, but at this point I've absolutely no reason to doubt the OP's claim.

20. paddyman98

Understood...
    I do see some similiar marks on many of them. As if they are from the same dies that were used to strike them.
    Nice find then!

21. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

@RachelRuth , thanks for sharing these with us, and kudos for your great photos. You mused that it may have been a mistake to open the roll, but I find it exciting that you did. Yes, I have my own 1959 LHCs that were taken from circulation as a boy, but I wish I had a few more... especially ones that look like these do.

Draft saved Draft deleted