Just curious.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GUNNER63736, Nov 17, 2019.

1. GUNNER63736

GUNNER63736 Well-Known Member

I am sure this topic has been written about before, but I can't seem to find an answer. I like shiny silver, late certified coins. I only buy the coin I like at what I consider a fair price. Some I have purchased have fancy labels on them. I don't buy the coins because of the labels. I actually disregard the label. Just the PCGS,NGC or Anacs grade matters to me. If the coin I purchase happens to have a neat label, that is just gravy to me. Do certain labels really add any value to the coin? I am just an old poot, non-professional coin collector. and like the bling of these coins. Just enjoy the silver coin collection, with no rhyme nor reason or special goals to my collection.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

There are more than a few who would pay the extra premium.....

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Definitely more than a few

5. robec

robec Junior Member

I don't pay more for a label, but I do pay a premium for eye appeal over grade. There are many coins in MS64 that have more eye appeal than a coin graded 65 or 66.

green18 likes this.
  6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

A lot of these fancy “ fluff” labels are nothing more than a ploy by the TV coin hawkers to personalize their offerings. In my opinion, they offer nothing to the value of the coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted