Just curios about my silver krugerrand

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by EinarKM, Oct 4, 2006.

1. EinarKM

EinarKM New Member

I have a 1/4 oz. Silver Commemorative Krugerrand 1967-1983

.999 Fine Silver... etc etc.

Boxed in flawless condition

Here are pictures:

[​IMG][​IMG]

What is a coin like this one worth ?

P.S

Scratches are on the box, the coin is 100% scratchless.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Becky

Becky Darkslider

It is a bullion piece, so my guess is that it would sell for a little over spot.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Coin Hoarder

I would hold onto it... bullion pieces have the strange ability to become collectible at any moment :)
    it looks proof? maybe proofs are worth more?

5. Drusus

Drusus Pecunia non olet

I have seen them sell from 30 to over 100 dollars. The shape that is in you would fetch a high price I would think.

6. EinarKM

EinarKM New Member

Thanks for the info. I do not intend to sell it at this time. I recently aquired another silver Krugerrand, that one is a 1967-1982 15th Anniv. Commemorative in great condition, boxed and all. Only difference is that this one does not read 1/4 oz. on the coin and it's marked 1967-1982 not 1983 like the othe one.

7. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

EinarKM,I've never seen a silver 1/4 Krugerrand before.I do have a full silver Krugerrand bullion piece,which I bought through Ebay back in 2002.They're a privately struck piece,but they're nice to have if you cannot afford the gold Krugerrand (which are struck at the South African Mint in Pretoria).

Aidan.

8. EinarKM

EinarKM New Member

I also have a 1/10 oz. 1980 Gold Krugerrand. I will put a picture of it here later today.

9. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

EinarKM,1980 is the first year for the fractional gold Krugerrand.I have the 1984 & 1990 1/10 Krugerrand coins,which I bought at the right time to fill a couple of spaces in my British Commonwealth collection.

The silver Krugerrand actually has Paul Kruger's name spelt incorrectly.Here's an article; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Kruger .

Aidan.

10. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

This brings back a few memories.

Aidan.

11. satootoko

satootoko Retired

[​IMG] Another archaeological revival of an old thread with no current relevance.

Draft saved Draft deleted