Just bought this Off center print $2.00 1976 bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Southernman189, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Southernman189

Southernman189 Well-Known Member

I have never seen too many error two dollar bills and was eager to share this one for your comments. I noticed it is pretty beat up but hey is a good one anyway. Open for comments or jabs I have tough skin. 1976 $2.00 bill off center Obv..jpg 1976 $2.00 bill off center Rev..jpg

Seattlite86 and PassthePuck like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

It's a shame the condition is so poor. The off center with ink from the next bill is nice. Misaligned serial # and seal as well.

Condition really hurts value though.

4. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

So does an alligator, but they're no match for man. :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

Seriously, that is a nice catch! Isn't it amazing that no one else captured it by now?

Too bad it's in such bad condition, but that would definitely be a keeper in my book.

Also, of all notes, I think the $2 reverse is the absolute best!

5. James Shields

James Shields Active Member

6. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Would not all off center errors also result in a misaligned serial number and seal?

harrync likes this.
  7. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

I thought I was one of the few that like to get, and spend, $2 bills. I haven't seen one that far off yet though.

8. masterswimmer

There are some people who don't agree with this??? The $2 reverse is a true work of art!

midas1 and PlanoSteve like this.
  9. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I have gotten some U.S. currency that has been crumpled or folded. I look them over, and if they are something that I like about the bill, I take it to my wife's ironing board and press the bill in low heat to get rid of the folds, etc. I don't know if by ironing, that I harm the bills, but I look them over, and place them in a BCW holder for currencies. Ironing them at low heat doesn't seem to damage currency, but there are some bills that are in real bad shape and ironing them doesn't seem to help them, so I spend those, unless I decide to keep them, even with the folds. What do you think?

UncleScroge likes this.
  10. James Shields

James Shields Active Member

A big no-no for collectible currency, but on everyday circulation finds, no big deal.

11. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

That's what I've done.

12. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

I find that soaking the bill in water, then streaming it with an iron between two pieces if cloth, then pressing it in the pages of a book to dry does a good job making the bill presentable. Mind you, I only do this with well circulated bills. A decent bill should be left alone (like an old coin).

13. masterswimmer

Apparently the grading experts can tell when a bill has been ironed. I'd avoid that on anything more 'interesting' than a well circulated, 'almost' bill.

14. Coin buyer

Coin buyer Member

Hey a cool find no matter, I mean really, how many does one find in any condition in a years time?

15. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I like it. 2 errors. The shift and the border on the bottom margin of the next note.
    Normally I would be against steaming and ironing. But considering the small premium on this, it might be worth the risk to get a little nicer looking note.

16. Southernman189

Thanks folk, I have always liked Errors. putting it between two damp cloths and pressing on low heat does seem harmless I'll try it on a wrinkled "spendable" $1.00 bill and see if I like the results. Thanks for the Tips. Ya some smart Cookies at times. (lets see the comments on that part)

Chuck_A likes this.
  17. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Very unique, however as we all know condition is everything and that note
    Has allot of battle scares.

18. Black Friar

Black Friar Well-Known Member

Good get, don't worry about the condition, it's a circulating piece of money and now you have a keeper. "This is my hobby, I do it for fun" it's a fun piece.

19. Southernman189

Thank you Black Friar, not all of us can afford Unc. Errors I get what I can, when I can for the love of the hobby.

Draft saved Draft deleted