Just Arrived. Lots of fun...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Wal888, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

Hello Everybody,
    The package just arrived. Lots of fun and for a long time.
    I hope to find many errors and rarities.
    This lot was purchased from a seller who had his collector father (from Peru) passed away and he left many coins. He made a large lot and put it up for sale.
    Here in Brazil it is very difficult to acquire US coins. So when lots like this appear I NEED to buy.
    It's 9.2 kg that arrived now and another 7 kg will come in the next shipment. Lots of coins to see and analyze.
    Comments are welcome and appreciated.

IMG_20220928_134515.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Youre going to be a bit busy...lol have fun

Wal888 likes this.
  4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Enjoy the 'Haul'. :)

I watch 'Snow and Kurt' (two American overlanders) on youtube and they are currently exploring Brazil. The wild life is amazing and the country itself is lovely indeed.

masterswimmer and Wal888 like this.
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Nice! Any Wheaties?? What? I had to ask.... :angelic::rolleyes:
    As long as you have fun and remember, it's a hobby..... Well, for most of us. :happy:

Wal888 likes this.
  6. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

I don't know yet, but the seller told me yes. I hope so.

MeowtheKitty likes this.
  7. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

please share what you find! :)

MeowtheKitty, Wal888 and Inspector43 like this.
  8. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

What are you planning to do with them? Do you have folders to put them in? Or are you just searching for something cool?

Wal888 and NOS like this.
  9. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Many years ago (1966-68) I was living in Uruguay. I don't know if it still is, but the customs office was terrible. We would never get a package like you got through their offices. Someone bought a new 68 Jag and had it had been put on blocks and stayed there over a year because the customs "duty" cost as much as the car. There was also a Mustang Cobra 350 that one of the customs officers "bought" it and whatever was paid was given to the owner. My grandfather sent me a reel to reel tape that had cost $5 in the states. It cost me another $10 to get it out.
    Best of luck with your new collection.

Wal888 and Inspector43 like this.
  10. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

I'll try to find something nice, of course, but I also want to replace the coins I already have in my circulating collection with coins in better condition. I will also look for errors and varieties, after all, anything is possible. :happy:

AdamL likes this.
  11. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Nice! Sounds like fun

Wal888 likes this.
  12. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

You know @Jim Dale, here in Brazil it's something like you said, in relation to Customs. I just can't buy coins from another country because almost everything I buy will pay taxes and fees. But I bought this lot because the seller lives in Recife-Pe (a city here in Brazil). His father who passed away had lived in another country (Peru), and that's where he got all these foreign coins.

13. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

I will definitely post as soon as I find something cool and have time to take pictures.

Abramthegreat likes this.
  14. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

Some coins I've found so far, after opening 4 bags.
    These 11 coins in the photo are slightly off-center, and two of them are off-center on the other side as well.
    I found many (100+) toned coins like these in the photos, and one of them has a possible mint error.

IMG_20220929_223739.jpg IMG_20220929_225255.jpg IMG_20220930_124828.jpg
    IMG_20220930_124852.jpg IMG_20220930_124944.jpg IMG_20220930_125019.jpg IMG_20220930_125202.jpg IMG_20220930_125124.jpg IMG_20220930_125236.jpg IMG_20220930_125304.jpg

AdamL, green18 and Abramthegreat like this.
  15. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

I found many coins in very good shape. Some of 2009 Commemoratives Cents, as well. That Lot promises.

16. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

The coins that are "off-center" on one side are usually called MAD (Mis-Aligned Die).

Wal888 likes this.
  17. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

They keep letting China invest in it one day there won't be any rain forest left.

masterswimmer likes this.
  18. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Unfortunately the Amazon Rainforest is losing the battle.

"In 1950, about 15 percent of the Earth's land surface was covered by rainforest. Today, more than half has already gone up in smoke. In fewer than fifty years, more than half of the world's tropical rainforests have fallen victim to fire and the chain saw, and the rate of destruction is still accelerating. Unbelievably, more than 200,000 acres of rainforest are burned every day. That is more than 150 acres lost every minute of every day, and 78 million acres lost every year! More than 20 percent of the Amazon rainforest is already gone, and much more is severely threatened as the destruction continues. It is estimated that the Amazon alone is vanishing at a rate of 20,000 square miles a year. If nothing is done to curb this trend, the entire Amazon could well be gone within fifty years."

https://rain-tree.com/facts.htm#:~:...n 200,000 acres,million acres lost every year!

Wal888 and Mainebill like this.
  19. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

We have elections tomorrow. Maybe the paths Brazil has been taking will change with the new government, if the people vote with conscience this time.
    I believe that many things will improve, and among them the care for our (and the whole world) "Amazon Forest".
    But we have a poor, suffering and without culture people, and that is all a corrupt and unscrupulous government wants to perpetuate itself in power.
    We need to change now, so that our children have the chance to have a better country.

Draft saved Draft deleted