Just a question

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by William skaggs, Jan 14, 2021.

1. William skaggs

William skaggs New Member

Hello I have a lot if older wheat pennies with errors and I was wanting to know if anyone knows where I can sell the pennies at in a raw state. For cash the same day

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

Post some pictures so we can tell you

4. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Our answer is only as good as the photos you provide.

DarkRage666 likes this.
  5. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

That's a big ask, you're not going to get as much, if they are errors, by selling them as a lot. You need good pictures of the coins, individually, attributed with their error designation if you want to get your best bang for your buck.

If you're looking for a quick sale you won't get much above a few cents each unless they are a Major error/Variety. Error collecting is a specialty area and just saying you have errors doesn't make them valuable, neither does them being 'older' as it comes down to condition and rarity and desirability of said coins/errors/varieties

Also as others have stated above, Photos are needed. Obverse, Reverse (cropped so we see just the coin), close up's of said errors, ALL in focus. Without all of this you can't get a definitive answer to your question.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I agree with the previous post.

What type of errors?
    Many minor errors have very little or no premium at all.

DarkRage666 likes this.
  7. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

050F9191-E852-4AF5-9CB3-832FDD658064.jpeg Most ‘errors’ posted or even sold on CL, Etsy, etc are just damaged normal coins.
    After collecting off and on for 50 years, I started learning & searching for errors and varieties
    Even after you know what to look for, not many are found in circulation that are worth selling. But I don’t care, I don’t sell, don’t need the money
    Sure would love to see what you’ve got
    If you have a smart phone, try this
    Please add as ‘Full Image’ before Posting
    It helps us old guys see better & give better advice

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  8. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

OK, I see you’ve posted pics before. Try 4 or 6 at a time. Flip over & repeat

9. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

As with everything, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

And do not take YouTube videos as the truth and reality on errors or grading, most are not within range of reality.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If your fortunate you may get two cents a piece but I doubt it.

John Burgess likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted