"Just" a misaligned?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by aaronsevil, Oct 13, 2018.

1. aaronsevil

aaronsevil New Member

I assume these are simply misaligned but a second doesn't hurt as I continue to learn :) Everything weighs either 2.49gm or 2.50gm so chalking that up to.... localized air pressure? hehe.

So we have picture of the whole lot front and back (even though the lighting changed they are in the same order, forgot to take one before doing the closeups)

Each close up SHOULD be "thickest part/thinnest part" but if they got out of order I sincerely apologize.

Attached Files:

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Legoman1

Legoman1 Active Member

If its seriously off center, only then it is classified as a mint error. There are plenty of those types of coins- cents, nickels, dimes, quarters (with a slightly larger rim on one side, and a slightly smaller rim on the other) circulating. I have encountered a few dimes of that type but found that they were not valuable, and sent them back into circulation.

aaronsevil likes this.
  4. Legoman1

Legoman1 Active Member

But, however since those 1 cent coins are in fairly good condition, you should save them, especially since you cannot buy anything nowadays even for 70 of those pennies.

aaronsevil likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

6. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

I agree with paddyman….MAD (misaligned die)

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted