Junk silver bin finds

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, Nov 14, 2017.

1. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Do I have anything good? Got these for melt.
    DSCN0569-horz.jpg DSCN0571-horz.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

These were put out by a private individual, Bernard Von Nothaus. Here is a link to wiki describing the debacle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_dollar_(private_currency)
    Who knows if it will be worth anything in the future?... your guess is as good as mine. It appears the US government confiscated a large chunk of these.... so that might lead to some rarity. +Some people collect these types of oddities. However, it sounds like he produced far too many for them gain any sort of rarity in my lifetime.

Oldhoopster, Youngcoin and C-B-D like this.
  4. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I'm not a stacker, nor do I collect silver bars, etc, but I think the back story is really interesting and would definitely add these to my collection if I found them near melt or even a little premium

Youngcoin and C-B-D like this.
  5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Cool, two historically-important tokens, each good for one free black-helicopter ride! :peeking:

6. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

If their different. Then hold on to them. Someone will always ask. What the reck are those

C-B-D likes this.
  7. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I don't usually buy this type of thing but I did get both a silver and a dollar version of the one ounce round, simply because of the story behind them.

C-B-D likes this.
  8. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

9. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I bought one once...
    From the small info i remember about these- the older the better iirc. There is definitely a premium and i would probably buy one if the price was right. PM me

10. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Silver rounds are as grains of sand on the beach. In the grade scheme of things, these are among the most likely to accumulate and retain collector value because their demand can/could cross into non-collector demographics.

11. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I recently bought a couple of the 1 ounce versions but had to pay a premium. Nice buy.

12. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Very cool finds for melt.

Thanks,
    Jacob

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

You probably at least doubled your money. I sold a rare 2004 2oz Piedfort one for $600 recently. Bought it for $80 and dude thought he got one over on me.

Draft saved Draft deleted