Jewish War -Year 2 (67/68 CE)

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by mrbrklyn, Jan 12, 2009.

1. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

4. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I actually own 3 of these. Believe it or not, a reputable seller on Ebay used to sell real ones a decade ago. I bought quite a bit from him before the prices got too low for him to mess with Ebay. Lots of judaic, greek, roman, and islamic lamps, glassware, etc.

5. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

He is an absolute riot. VERY funny man! Did you know that he does stage magic?

6. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I have two in the house we brought in Jerusalem 2 decades ago. I have no idea if they are fake :)

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

What? He can make a stage disappear?

Ruben

8. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

I specify STAGE magic versus other forms, i.e. card tricks.

9. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

So he can make a stage dispensary but not a deck of cards? You know, I thought he was a Magician before when I first heard of him, and then I thought, eh, can't be.

Ruben

10. medoraman

I met him years ago at CICF. Hopefully I iwll have a chance to meet him again soon. I sure buy enough of his coins at auctions. :)

11. areich

areich America*s Darling

The Leaf Motif is very interesting. Do you know it's history in this context?

Amanda

12. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

The Maple Leaf? I have no idea. I don't think it is a specifically Jewish motif.

Ruben

13. medoraman

Well usually accompany a vine, so I believe it was a grape leaf or similar.

Jewish coins always has innocuous design elements. It was against their religion to depict any symbol of their religion or people on their coins.

14. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Ahhhh!!! Of Course, how could i miss that. I was thinking that is doesn't specifically look like a maple leaf and there are no maple trees that I've ever seen in Israel.

Ah Hah! Now that makes my day!.

Ruben

15. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted