Jefferson Nickels. 60P thru 06D

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Pickin and Grinin, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I re found these yesterday in a ammo box I put away years ago. I am pretty sure that I can remember the estate sale I bought them from. Think it was 2011.
    I had opened a Denver 06' roll and I believe a 61p roll I will try to find the coins I kept and give you a preview of what they look like. They are aging well. I don't remember the 60's to be FS. But I do remember them being full of luster and nice later die state coins. I will try to photo some in the morning stay tuned. The two P mints at the bottom are 05P buffalo reverse. Both showing EOR toning. I think that they are aging nicely. IMG_0001.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Think how much fun you'll have when the brain gets all "every day be jus' like that".

TV reruns won't annoy you. You can make new friends every day. You won't remember what you ate for breakfast, but your mind will play back music from 50 years ago.

green18 likes this.
  4. Pickin and Grinin

I hope those days don't happen for a good 30+ years!
    You hang in there @V. Kurt Bellman I have been told by some old boys that it isn't so bad.:p

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  5. Pickin and Grinin

I will have to get some photos this afternoon. I ran out of time the kids got a football game.

6. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

You tease. Are you related to my old lady by chance? ;)

7. Pickin and Grinin

My bad it has been hard to get the kid moving this morning. Single father here.

Kirkuleez likes this.
  8. Pickin and Grinin

Here is one of the 61P. IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0003.JPG

tmeyer likes this.
  9. Pickin and Grinin

The return to Monticello's really went crazy they started out a very mild gold color last time I looked at them.
    And have started getting deeper colors in the past few years.
    Still not sure I like the design on these, and they are hard to not create shadows when photo'ing. IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG

10. V. Kurt Bellman

Make light (pun intended) of not trusting photos all you like, folks. The result is stuff like that dude who posts drive-by YouTube videos in which he labels motion blurred pictures as rare doubled dies. But that's not all. We've had literally hundreds of newbmeisters post pictures of coins with strange lighting that look like things they are not. Single still photos are inadequate for looking at coins, always have been, and always will be.

Coins are 3-dimensional objects, with the possible exception of millions of AG3 Barber dimes, and 2-D photos are a lesser representation.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

Kripes.......it's happening now.

12. Pickin and Grinin

@V. Kurt Bellman
    I shall change the light up for you Sir. It was petty hard to follow what your response was, but I took it that you are having a hard time reading my photos.

13. Pickin and Grinin

Here is another look of the 06' IMG_0001_1.JPG IMG_0001_2.JPG

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    CircCam likes this.
  14. Pickin and Grinin

This is a different 61P from the same roll. Photo'd under the same conditions as the last return to Monticello. IMG_0001_3.JPG IMG_0002_1.JPG

15. Pickin and Grinin

I edited the photos above, Return to Monticello"

16. V. Kurt Bellman

It's not YOUR photos; it's ALL use of still photos to examine coins. I believe it is ALL fundamentally unsatisfactory.

17. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Now your an optimist. Your incite is endless. Did you know the bills were going to beat Minnesota

18. V. Kurt Bellman

Wait, hadn't that already happened when you posted?

19. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

You got me

Draft saved Draft deleted