It's Wacky Wednesday - Post a Wacky Looking Coin/Token!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by The Penny Lady®, Jun 30, 2010.

1. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Now it sounds like a wedding cake

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. financeman

financeman Lincoln Cent Connoisseur

I love looking at error coins. Tonedvoins, that is one awesome looking Lincoln.
    Charmy, I have been eyeing that error in your collection since I came here.:thumb: You better keep it close or it may just dissapear.:pencil:

4. cwtokenman

cwtokenman Coin Hoarder

Hi Duke,
    Sorry for the slow response, but I was away from home and unable to access a computer. Yes, those Civil War tokens are real. The shattered die Broas token is actually quite common, so the dies must have somehow held together in a shattered state for quite a while. I have a dozen or so of those arranged in progression of die failure. I believe that those dies came in contact with each other at least twice, as I have some examples with a single impression of the mirrored Indian Head, and some additional examples with a doubled impression of the mirrored Indian Head.

5. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

If you find one that is reasonable let me know of it as I'd love to have one. That would really help explain die cracks to people :D
    Thanks for the responce cwtokenman

6. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

[​IMG]

Got no whacky coins but I bet somebody does. :D

7. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Here's one of my favorite ruined tokens!! I couldn't hold myself back as far as the day goes!! :D

Attached Files:

8. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Pokadots!

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted