It's My Turn for New Coins :D

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Johndakerftw, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Johndakerftw

Johndakerftw Mr. Rogers is My Hero

Hi everyone,

I can finally take a break from posting my bro's new additions and post my own. :)

A big shout out to two of our awesome forum members for hooking me up with some great coins.

First, I posted a pic of my borther's L. Roscius Fabatus denarius a few weeks ago. I now have a fouree of the same coin:

Attachment-6.jpeg Attachment-7.jpeg

Next up is a prutah from Herod Archelaus:

Attachment-3.jpeg Attachment-4.jpeg

Last, but certainly not least, is a lot of five Judean coins, four of which I attempted to attribute myself. I knew which one was Pontius Pilate already:

Attachment-1.jpeg Attachment-2.jpeg

Feel free to correct me. I apologize for the rotten photos. I need to invest in a decent picture taking set up at some point.

Don't forget to post your pictures of sweet coins too!

Also, a couple of question about CNG auctions. My brother is think about participating in his first auction, which is the current one which ends in about a week. In the case that he wins, does anybody know how much they charge for shipping to Canada? Are there any fees on top of the 15% buyers fee?

You guys rock!

Thanks,

Erin

stevex6, icerain, red_spork and 13 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Hi Erin, I am also in Canada. I checked my last CNG invoice and they charged me the buyer's fee and 25.00 USD for shipping. There were no other charges.

Also, congrats on the interesting coins.

4. Smojo

Smojo dreamliner

Nice additions. Maybe it's just where I've looked but it seems finding a decent enough Prutah is difficult at a decent price. Pontus or Harod

5. Magnus Maximus

Magnus Maximus Dulce et Decorum est....

Nice coins there.

6. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

It's nice to see YOUR coins along with your brother's. Congratulations

7. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

Very Nice Erin!!!

Love seeing YOUR coins !!

I sold off all my mites, Prutahs etc years ago so I have nothing to add there.... but I'll throw in a couple of my jugate types--one a fourree.....
    RR denarius Rufus, jugate and Venus.jpg rr 01fouree.jpg
    If you guessed the second example is the fourree you are correct:p...and that reverse seems to be a 'jugate' as well:confused::smuggrin:

8. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

VERY Nice Erin!!!

I have some of those Pontius Guy coins too...

Judaea Pontius Pilate - Prutah IOYLIA KAICAPOC daughter of Caesar Augustus Obv-Rev.JPG
    Judaea Pontius Pilate - Prutah IOYLIA KAICAPOC daughter of Caesar Augustus Obv-Rev.JPG

Judaea Pontius Pilate 14-37 CE - Prutah TIBEPIOY KAICAPOC Lituus Obv-Rev.JPG
    Judaea Pontius Pilate 14-37 CE - Prutah TIBEPIOY KAICAPOC Lituus Obv-Rev.JPG

And one a little earlier...
    Judaea Alexander Janneaeus 103-76 BC AE Prutah Wheel  Widows Mite O-R.jpg
    Judaea Alexander Janneaeus 103-76 BC AE Prutah Wheel Widows Mite O-R.jpg

dlhill132, icerain, red_spork and 8 others like this.
  9. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Congrats Erin, nice coins good pick-up.

10. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Nice scores and having a fouree of the same coin that your brother has is pretty cool.

11. Johndakerftw

Thanks everyone!

It's nice to finally have my own coins to show off for a change. :)

Awesome coins, Mikey and Alegandron!

The funny thing about the fouree is that I had no idea that my brother had bought his denarius when I bought it.

Ancient coins ftw!

Erin :D

Theodosius, Mikey Zee and Alegandron like this.
  12. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Hey, congrats Erin... your Thread is on the daily CoinTalk email blast to all the members! Good to see you can show off your great captures. Nice OP and nice coins again! :D

13. Johndakerftw

Way cool, Alegandron. Thanks for letting me know. :D

I have another one to post. It's not in hand yet. But, it's one I've been interested in for a while.

This is a gift from my very generous brother. He saw it this morning and got it for me. :)

It's a Judean lead prutah from Alexander Jannaeus, 17 mm and 5.5 g. dC5DB4jg8eANgZ6zS8o7Gq9M2JEnmJ.jpg
    These are the seller's pics.

It's definitely been a fantastic few weeks for my collection!

Erin

dlhill132, zumbly, icerain and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted