It's March & the Balto Whitman Show Is Nearing

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kanga, Mar 2, 2015.

1. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Still 3½ weeks to the coin show but start getting your ducks in order now :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I wish I could go.

4. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

First one I'll miss in 3 years!

5. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

Registered to attend last week

6. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

My ducks have been in a row for awhile now, Dave.:D I'm going the first day and looking forward to it.

Bruce

7. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

I've been lined up for some time now, and will be there all but Sunday.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  8. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

Plan to be there on Saturday. Wanted to do Friday, but can't get out of work...

9. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

So we will be doing lunch and cookies Bill? :)

10. Paddy54

Drive down Frank it's not that far.... Bill's drive is farther.

11. PennyGuy

PennyGuy US and CDN Copper

You bet Paddy

12. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Depending on the cherry blossoms in DC the wife and I will be there one of the days. I had to bribe her with the "cherry blossom" thing to get her to agree to take the trip up to DC. Hey, whatever works!!

treylxapi47 likes this.
  13. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

This is my new tactic as well, distract her with nice 'vacations' that just so happen to coincide with a coin show. I wonder how long before she catches on that all of our vacations start requiring a half a day at a coin convention.

14. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Do you attend this show regularly Mike? I wont make it this year, but Baltimore is closest to me and one of the larger National shows that I am pondering attending next year. I was thinking FUN, but that may be a bit overwhelming for a first major show.

I also have a friend in Baltimore and have the added bonus of never visiting that city, so its high on my list to schedule a stop during a coin show weekend. I would love to meet up with you in the near future if its one you frequent.

15. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

I'll be there as usual when the doors open Friday.
    I'm not going to pay the extra to go on Thursday when many of the dealers are away from their tables doing their own shopping.
    And of course Sunday has it's usual problem with many dealers having left.

16. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Yes, Baltimore is the most recent show I've added to my schedule. I'm trying to add one major per year so that, at the end of a dozen years, I'll be doing one per month. By then, I hope to be retired from full-time engineering work, and augmenting my Social Security with the proceeds from dealing coins.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  17. Paddy54

There's a coin show in Annapolis this coming weekend too!

18. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

But not during tax season!

19. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

ToughCOINS, the Baltimore Whitman Show is a well-attended show, both by dealers and by collectors.
    Well worth going to.
    AND it occurs 3 times a year: March, June and November.

I have the advantage of living only about 35 miles from Baltimore.

treylxapi47 likes this.
  20. Paddy54

I'm only 12 miles south of Baltimore . Kanga the Annapolis show is Sunday. Easy to get to right off rt. 50.
    You should check it out.... rt.50 towards Annapolis exit on Aris T Allan blvd. Second exit is rt. 2 south, take that exit first traffic light @ Knights of Columbus Hall. It's in the hall.

21. Paddy54

He's the Tax man.....oh yeah tax man.....
    Frank you can squeeze it in.....look Bill and I will let you buy lunch. And I'll get you a box Of Cookies too!
    You do remember the cookies?
    Heck Bill comes for the cookies....... :)
    Look leave at 6 am drive down 95 -3 hours walk the show at 9 have lunch at 1 leave at 2 be home by 6. Mrs Frank won't even know you're gone.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted