Italy P-20 Biglietto di Stato Counterfeit or Not?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Vasilis13, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Vasilis13

Vasilis13 New Member

I collect fake notes and recently I bought this italian note at an auction, but I can't mention any difference with the genuine.
    I would appreciate it if an expert on the subject could help me.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. George McClellan

George McClellan Active Member

Great image!:snaphappy::pics:
    Well the "stain" on the note would convince me the note was genuine...:happy:
    ... if it cost a dollar (because I collect cheap stuff and prefer "circulated").:shame:
    Fakes are very interesting and important to be knowledgeable about.
    I obtained 20+ fake Confederate full color notes done on a computer printer that had both sides [front and back] of and on the same note where one could read all the fine print, had thin paper and came in a semi-rigid top loader and cost a dollar apiece, plus S&H.:smuggrin:
    But I keep them thirty feet away from my collection of "real" stuff because if one's estate tries to sell one's collection of Genuine notes and a fake is spotted... well the offered price drops 95%.:grumpy:
    Whether or not a collector of fakes should keep a genuine note... well the same possibility arises.:(
    Happily, fakes are everywhere. One imagines a fake miniassegni fracobollo which would require only an Italian stamp, cellophane and a printer.:nailbiting:
    If the note pictured was described and sold as a fake and you have confidence in the dealer then you are on good ground...:smuggrin:

NOS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted