It has arrived

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by expat, Jul 12, 2022.

1. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

The waiting (for me) is over. An hour ago the postman delivered my coin from the @Theodosius giveaway, many thanks and to @lordmarcovan for packaging it so well. Also included was one of his elongated cents. So, a double whammy for me, two coins that are a first for me. Now I have to learn how to image ancients better, LOL
    20220712_142350 (2).jpg 20220712_142433 (2).jpg 20220712_142934 (2).jpg 20220712_143148 (2).jpg 20220712_143318 (2).jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Awesome! Looks great. I have the full LM set I won in 2019 or 2020, they are of great quality including the elongated mercury.

As far as your images go, here is what I do to get the best focus on my ancient coins. I use a fine tip sharpie to use as a post to place the coin on, it makes it easier to get my camera to focus because of the depth. IMG_3363.jpeg

Of course, you can use something shorter but I just don't have anything that works this well. This is the type of result you can expect. I didn't make them full image as to keep the post short

Attached Files:

4. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Great looking coin, I love it. Congrats.

expat likes this.
  5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Im so glad to hear you recieved yours... As I really had worried that others prizes would of been stolen too.

Abramthegreat, expat and Evan Saltis like this.
  6. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

Congrats! Nice coin :) I'm still waiting...

expat likes this.
  7. expat

As the old saying goes, Patience is a virtue. ;) The way things are at the moment, 13 days from Southern USA to South Spain is pretty good.

Evan Saltis and Abramthegreat like this.
  8. Paddy54

Hey I can beat that...no kidding my wifes boss asked me to sell his old boat radar,chart,and fish finder.
    I listed it on ebay. Actually just to US buyers. As it had a chart card of the eastern sea board from Maine to Mexico. Which was a very costly map card.
    Anyway It sold in 15 minuites! To a buyer in Perth Australia. I shipped it in two 2'x2' sq foot cube boxes by USPS in 10 days! Unbelievable.... I had wraped them in tape so tight and much...if the air craft had went down...those boxes would still be floating today. LoL
    But yeah any over seas shipping is two weeks plus....never mail anything to a swiss buyer...omg 3 months to get a coin there.

expat likes this.
  9. expat

Good result and 10 days is god. I will keep in mind what you said about Switzerland

10. Paddy54

It may be different from Europe.... but it was a gold coin .25 oz and I was about to send a replacement or refund.. as the Swiss must have snail mail.

expat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted